College Football

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OSU gets the W

Kicking myself for not watching. On the recap it looked pretty tight midway through the 3rd. Was not surprised by the Hoosiers passing yards (410). Just the ground game was not there. Nice debut for OSU Frosh RB and Houston native JK Dobbins with 181 yards.

Good rebound in the 2nd half for OSU, especially on the passing and defensive front. Indiana has been pesky for a couple years, and I'm glad I didn't have to be nervous in the 4th quarter like I've been in previous years. I can bet that Indiana will give a scare to a few more Big 10 teams. Next up: Oklahoma.

That team up North and Florida will be interesting, as will FSU and Alabama.

Wow. Indiana vs Ohio State.
Yes..wow. I was one of the rowdy IU fans. If we can ever get the depth to just not get tired in the 4th qtr. Ohio State sure looked in championship form in the 2nd half. Purdye plays Louisville Saturday night, with their new coach that should be interesting but I would be surprised if The Cardinals dont run away with it.

Early prediction looks accurate...Ohio State is my favorite to win nat'l championship. The last two times Urban Meyer lost a bowl game he followed that by winning aNational Championship. And he was mad after losing to Clemson. Lol

I don't think OSU is a championship team, I think Michigan may be the more rounded team in the big 10, Nebraska looks sporty as well. Wonder how MSU will bounce back after a dreadful season.

Oh and Indiana's hurry up looks frightening, I bet they surprise a big team before the year is out.

I agree that the Hoosiers will get some wins with that offense. But they need to control the clock as well.
I think the national chip will come out of the SEC

I don't think OSU is a championship team, I think Michigan may be the more rounded team in the big 10, Nebraska looks sporty as well. Wonder how MSU will bounce back after a dreadful season.

Oh and Indiana's hurry up looks frightening, I bet they surprise a big team before the year is out.

As long as Harbaugh keeps wearing the Woody glasses, I think the ghost of Woody Hayes will keep them from going to the playoff (haha, hopefully!). I think it'll be a three way race between UM, Penn State, and OSU. MSU might surprise. Never count out Mark Dantonio. Wiscy is usually a tough team. We'll see. J.K. Dobbins looked reminiscent of Zeke, but we also have Mike Weber, who ran for 1000+ yards last season. It'll be interesting to see who starts. Anyway, it's great to have college football back!

Utah State and Wiscy tied at 10 at the half.

Edit: Wisconsin is starting to gain the momentum.

Wisconsin wins big! Barry Alvarez's grandson had a 99 yd int return for td in his 45th carrer game. His only one. Cool...

Fresh, I'll be rooting for your Terps against Texas! And the Wolverines vs. Gators. Cant wait till kickoff.

Last edited:
Your right fish enthusiast, I totally blanked on Penn State, great team, with a world class RB, Wisconsin too.
I am admittedly an sec fan in general, I live in the southeast and played football, (MLB, FS, and DE), huge SC fan. I'm not sure if the sec will produce the champ or not. Good talent, but i think three conferences have leveled out, the SEC, B1G 10, and ACC. I feel like the PAC and Big 12 aren't far behind. I think this year's college fb landscape is very interesting.

It’s been a while. Ohio State has had a season with many highs and some lows, but it is Michigan week and we can still win the Big 10. I’d be happy with a Big 10 championship and a nice New Year’s Day or Eve bowl. First things first, beat that team up North! Go Bucks!

I think Ohio State will beat Michigan for sure, possibly badly. Ohio State and Wisconsin though, that's going to be a game! It's almost like it's own playoff game.
Carolina is feeling good sitting at 8 wins and now ranked at #24, but we've got the oppurtunity to play spoiler for our rival Clemsons playoff hopes. It's a big challenge but 9 wins and a January bowl is on our radar as well.

I think Ohio State will beat Michigan for sure, possibly badly. Ohio State and Wisconsin though, that's going to be a game! It's almost like it's own playoff game.
Carolina is feeling good sitting at 8 wins and now ranked at #24, but we've got the oppurtunity to play spoiler for our rival Clemsons playoff hopes. It's a big challenge but 9 wins and a January bowl is on our radar as well.

I hope you’re right. I think this weekend could be another weekend of college football chaos. South Carolina is much improved this year. I’ll be rooting for them against Clemson.

The Chip Kelly sweepstakes is becoming really interesting.

It is, and lots of major openings. Tennessee and Florida will be interesting, ive heard rumors of Kelly to Florida. There aren't that many big name coaches up for grabs either. I'm betting both wish they would've made this move 2 years ago when names like Smart, Richt, Miles, Sarkizian, Kiffin, Fuente, and Herman were all up for grabs, could probably include Muschamp on that list.

I hope you’re right. I think this weekend could be another weekend of college football chaos. South Carolina is much improved this year. I’ll be rooting for them against Clemson.

The Chip Kelly sweepstakes is becoming really interesting.
Me too, I like Dabo but have rooted for SC since the old ball coach was there.

Nebraska is going to make a run at Scott Frost from UCF, I hope they get him and turn it around because they were awesome when I was a kid.

With Kelly going to UCLA, Florida may make a run at him too.

We've got Iowa, Michigan, and Michigan State alumni in our house. I'm proud of my Hawks.
Gotta love the Hawks, have tons of relatives in Dubuque, my Dad had 14 Aunts & Uncles. At least some of the ones we clise to are Hawkeye fans.

Watching IU &Purdue, split loyalties. IU fan & Purdue Engineer. Quiet, dont tell!

So much college football going on. Watching local product AJ Turner and the gamecocks of SC take some it to the Wolverines of Michigan [emoji458]

Back
Top Bottom