Convict's First Go at a Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, you guys are all speaking Latin to me lmao. This threads been moving so fast I've been skimming a bit but what kind of fish stock are you thinking about (sorry if I skimmed over it already lol)

The wife ok'd it so... She likes those little neons, I think that's what they are.

These, she wants as many as I can put.

image-1629002996.jpg

If that's the case swap em out for cardinals. Same look, slightly larger, with a lot healthier gene pool.

Is it just gonna be cardinals? Being that your doing a planted tank you could handle an even larger Bioload. I would get around 15-20 personally. I really like the look of midsize-large schools.

Ok I linked the the ones from LA. How many Cardinals can I have in a 30 gallon tank?

Well these guys are almost as sensitive as Neons so you'll want to wait till your nice and well established before adding them... I'd get the 12+ since you get the discount from LA.

You'll probably want to get Amanos and/or Otos eventually too. In a planted tank these algae eaters are a welcomed addition.

Well these guys are almost as sensitive as Neons so you'll want to wait till your nice and well established before adding them... I'd get the 12+ since you get the discount from LA.

You'll probably want to get Amanos and/or Otos eventually too. In a planted tank these algae eaters are a welcomed addition.

Ok thanks. And thanks for the links.

Haha... I feel the opposite as one day i know I'll take the plunge into SW tanks and that's scarry.

Well I owe you guys when the time comes lol :)

I'll help ya through the saltwater journey. It's the least I can do :)

I'll definitely take you up on that - I'm working on plans for building an entirely DIY reef tank setup when I graduate from college next year. Nothing like spare time spent practicing welding steel and solvent welding acrylic!

Thanks Convict.. Might be a while for me to crossover.

Anyway, what canister are you thinking of for this build?

Speaking of the filtration, have you considered a sump/fuge? Get you a lil practice in before your large SW tank lol.

Sump and co2 injection do not work well together.

Like I said this planted tank stuff is Latin to me lol. Guess ill just keep sitting back munchin on some popcorn while you planted gurus take care of it haha

Back
Top Bottom