GLA 6g Rimless 36-L - My First Iwagumi Inspired Scape Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh boy... that's what I'm scared of! I better be careful. Were you just careless or is it that fragile that it snapped with normal force cleaning it or something?

Last edited:
I also ordered this china knock-off of the Do!Aqua music note diffuser to be used on the 60-F. This was my first time gambling from ordering overseas... we'll see how it is. But IMO, the Do!Aqua version of this is a piece of diffuser art in itself... I'm hoping this is just as good at a fraction of the price.

I ALMOST got one of those! I'm starting to consider going with the inline one though...

Inline is cool and definitely more efficient. But sometimes you just have to admire good glassware when you see it. I just hope this is just NOT another case of "you get what you pay for" by going the cheaper route...LOL

Yes Aqua... I have suction cup phobia! haha...

Here's what this diffuser looks like on an ADA 45-F (smaller version of our 60-F)... this is Hayden's tank on TPT:
8531070397_de7ff90487_k.jpg

That's what made me start looking :)

I was just clumsy and broke it while taking it off for cleaning. I am like a bull in a china shop - broken more aquarium glassware in my day then I care to recall - including 2 ADA cube gardens... At the same time, by banging them together.

Mark it is ok to admit you love the diffuser. We won't think anything less of you even if you won't respect yourself in the morning.

LMAO... wow broke two cube gardens by banging them together? I'm not going to even ask! That takes some talent beyond what words can explain. Well, I'll report on these NAG aqua ones when I get them... they were only $16 shipped versus Do!Aqua's $50.

I will be following how these cheap options work. I have one more tank to buy, and next is the CO2!

It has been shipped, but the updates are showing it still "ready to be picked up". Hopefully, this week. I found a really nice driftwood for it and I am ready to pick up the new plants as well. This will be rich in dwarf hairgrass.

Update...

The flame moss is growing back to its former glory! I removed the shrimp and temporarily placed them in a small cube tank I had sitting around in preperation for their new home in the ADA tank. I moved the dwarf puffers to this GLA tank since I'm selling the 10g halfmoon they were once in. Need to make room for the GF's ADA 60-F so we're playing musical tanks :lol:.

Anyway, the Ludwigia sp. Red is bouncing back nicely in the back right corner. The Blyxa Japonica I placed in the back left is getting larger and appears to be thriving. I think I see smaller side shoots so I might be able to separate some babies soon. I added a small amount of Subwassertang behind the big stone -- didn't know what else to do with it.

I started with 1 Downoi, I now have 4 crowns... a 5th on the way. It's weird because the original crown I purchased is the only one producing baby plants. I wonder why the 2 others that are almost as large aren't? One more thing, my largest crown of Downoi (which was the original one I bought), used to be big... I determined that the shrimp were eating my Downoi because now that they are removed, I don't see any more dead leaves with tiny holes in it... :facepalm:

Excuse the algae and gunk in the lily pipes, I've been lazy to clean them!

Well too much text again without pics :facepalm:... so here they are:

i3zXhbY95VJ9Q.jpg

ibhEqscL0w8SuF.jpg

And a pic of the puffers my lovely GF took with her DSLR :)
ibfHzQIcIzHSkp.jpg

I like the flame moss just about at that length... don't you wish we could just flash freeze the plants to stop growing when they get the way we want them! I sure do. I would love to try some Subwassertang but have heard it's like Riccida and doesn't handle liquid carbon... oh well can't have everything. I've got plants coming in this week but didn't get any Blyxa Japonica so might bug you for a baby or two down the road if it does good. Also be patient with the Downoi as the other crowns will start producing. They take a bit of time to adjust after being removed but then suddenly start sending out little crowns.
Remember I was talking about removing my Downoi altogether due to the aggressive eating of it by the angels? Well once I got the Angels distracted with leaving a couple blanched zucchini strips on clips in the tank daily they stopped distroying it and even the leafless stems regrew. I was actually pretty amazed. Now it's getting back to it's former glory. Are you having any luck with your plants coloring up better or is that in the other tank? And I love the Puffer BTW!

Yes i love if i can freeze them! Haha... Well, if the blyxa takes off, I'll send them your way. This is full of color with no alterations to the original PPS-Pro method. I really think it's due to the closer distance from light to sub, therefore giving me increased PAR. The plants love it... Those Ludwigia sp. Red where barely red when i pulled them out of the 26g... The 26g is the problem one. Seeing the difference in color with almost everything else as being identical is making me feel like it's the lighting and a second fixture is needed on the 26g if i care about coloring up these plants.

I love those little puffs too. They look so different seeing them in this tank versus the Halfmoon.

My subwassertang isn't bothered by the addition glut in my fluval 6g or the 10g planted shrimp/fish tank...actually gave a couple handfuls away to a local planted tank buddy...

It looks very good Brian :D I just got a bunch of blyxa japonica and put it in my 60g, hope it does as well :) I want to try some Downoi but can't find it anywhere :( I like the flame moss that length also!

Very cute dwarf puffers :lol:

@ Tiger - Oh that's good to know. I just put some is my 2g cube that I'm keeping low tech with excel (then glut after). I heard subwassertang doesn't like glut too. I want to try mini pellia too, but i heard the same about it too.

@ Dan - thanks! Downoi grows SLOW... If i ever manage to grow a decent amount, i don't mind sharing... But you'll be old a grey by then. Haha

Last edited:
My subwassertang isn't bothered by the addition glut in my fluval 6g or the 10g planted shrimp/fish tank...actually gave a couple handfuls away to a local planted tank buddy...

Well I might have to give it a shot then when I can find some... glad you told me!

Back
Top Bottom