GLA 6g Rimless 36-L - My First Iwagumi Inspired Scape Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brian, that tank is one of my all time favorites! Seriously you have one incredible tank there!

I got in:

Hygrophila Balsamica
Ludwigia Arcuata
Ludwigia Glandulosa
Ludwigia Inclinata var Verticillata

I was suppose to have gotten Ludwigia Glandulosa in from AquariumPlants on the last order when I started my Transformation thread but turns out they sent me Ludwigia Ovalis, well I'm pretty sure it's Ovalis. It is definitely not Glandulosa. Then alittle more Crypt Parva, and actually got some Alternanthera reineckii to see if I like it better this time in the new scape. We'll see! The worse part is every stem plant came in emmersed form which means waiting for everything to change.

Cool Rivercats, just a little tip about the ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata if you didnt know- mine like it when I slip an extra phoshpate and iron tab in there like the amazon swords...they grow a lot faster and color up better :) Also, when I got mine from aquariumplants in the emersed form, I just trimmed it down and in a week it grew back in the submerged form. Oh and I took your tip on dosing more phosphates- they are getting really red now! Sorry to hijack Brian :oops:

I also ordered this china knock-off of the Do!Aqua music note diffuser to be used on the 60-F. This was my first time gambling from ordering overseas... we'll see how it is. But IMO, the Do!Aqua version of this is a piece of diffuser art in itself... I'm hoping this is just as good at a fraction of the price.

img_2409278_0_d729dbfa12ba587fb176dbb42845c01e.jpg

^^ You guys remember this post? Well, I received the diffuser!!!

Well, I hate leave things without AN UPDATE!

This NAG-Aqua wasn't suppose to arrive till the end of April! I got it early, so no complaints here! It was ordered on March 11th and I received it today :)

Let me tell you, the quality on this little diffuser is superb. I wouldn't be surprised that it's from the OEM manufacturer who produces ADA/Do!Aqua stuff! Not only did I save money, and I GOT MORE THAN WHAT I PAID FOR (in response to the old adage of "you get what you pay for"), this little gem produces some pretty small bubbles with no sign of co2 leakage escaping between the ceramic plate and glass -- something which unfortunately happens in my UP Aqua diffuser. I can't comment on whether or not they're production process produces consistency in quality in their other NAG diffusers... good news is, I ordered another one to report on that! :)

img_2409278_1_495f10a56d2fb681b7174a9439c696e7.jpg

Video of it in action...

NAG aqua diffuser - YouTube

Haha... I think Dan has been influencing me with this whole "lazy" thing! Haha... J/K Dan! ;)

Yeah I'm going to make those pipes look crystal before i relinquish them to my GF's ADA build.

Yeah I'm a Cali boy so i asked the nice guys at SCAPE to send me one :)

Have to represent my state!

Yeah... I'll throw it in the mail... the SCAPE folks RAOK'd it me, only makes sense to spread the love... haha!

Yeah I've never been when I lived in Cali. I didn't really get serious about aquariums until I moved to AZ. Anyway, I've watched some of their YouTube videos of their meetings though. Looks like fun and lots of free stuff!

Here's a small update! Got some new equipment for the tank!

Ebay Hong Kong glassware goodies!

First we have the NAG Aqua mini diffuser! It's just like the Do! Aqua Mini 10D (10mm) but instead of $40, it was $12 shipped! :)
ibkJ6X5ptKeELa.jpg

NAG-Aqua Music 10mm Mini - YouTube

Next we have a new drop checker! I've been wanting the clip hang on type because I really don't like suctions! But I really didn't want to spend $50 to get one. Well ladies and gents, another Hong Kong Ebay special has arrived at $10 shipped! LOL

i4jslSR5OxhgT.jpg

The difference between this ebay one and the Cal Aqua is that the stem is longer on the Ebay version -- which I'm totally fine with. Besides, the longer stem would allow it to still work if the water was getting low due to evaporation! This also came with pH reagent BTW. Pretty darn good value! Picked up two of them (1 for this tank, the other for the GF's ADA 60-F).

Comparison:
i71rWXVEj9wiv.jpg

And some tank shots... PLEASE DO EXCUSE THE NASTY LILY PIPES! I've have yet to clean these bad boys! haha

ib1cM5U6KpdKlo.jpg

ioMjYbdUg5vMf.jpg

And a FTS! BTW, added in some Rotala Macrandra a la Rivercats. Thanks Janis! :)
i7CUYlIUzjkMj.jpg

On a side note, my Blyxa Japonica is melting :( HELP!!!
ilskliGKeav8B.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom