Is this over crowding my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pettygil

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is this over crowding my tank, for a 40 gallon high?
10 Red Eyed Tatra
7 Cory fish
3 Pearl Gourami
6 Glo fish
3 Panda Cory
:fish2::fish2::fish1::fish1::fish1::dance:

Is this over crowding my tank, for a 40 gallon high?
10 Red Eyed Tatra
7 Cory fish
3 Pearl Gourami
6 Glo fish
3 Panda Cory
:fish2::fish2::fish1::fish1::fish1::dance:

Not if you don't add the extra fish all at the same time. I'd add the extra cories first, then the pearl gouramis, then the red eyes. Make sure your ammonia level does not climb high after each new addition. Do not add any more fish until the ammonia level remains at 0 for at least a week after the new additions. (y)

Thank you.

Not if you don't add the extra fish all at the same time. I'd add the extra cories first, then the pearl gouramis, then the red eyes. Make sure your ammonia level does not climb high after each new addition. Do not add any more fish until the ammonia level remains at 0 for at least a week after the new additions. (y)

:thanks: I will add the fish like you said. My cories are big. I wonder how long Corry fish live for. I found this info on google it says the following
What is the oldest cory catfish?
The oldest aquarium kept Corydora was the Bronze Corydora which lived to be 27 years of age. While a 5 year lifespan is common for the Corydora in an aquarium, it is not uncommon for them to live up to 20 years either.:dance:
That was interesting info. I love my Corry's. Very Beautiful fish. :fish2::fish1:(y)

:thanks: I will add the fish like you said. My cories are big. I wonder how long Corry fish live for. I found this info on google it says the following
What is the oldest cory catfish?
The oldest aquarium kept Corydora was the Bronze Corydora which lived to be 27 years of age. While a 5 year lifespan is common for the Corydora in an aquarium, it is not uncommon for them to live up to 20 years either.:dance:
That was interesting info. I love my Corry's. Very Beautiful fish. :fish2::fish1:(y)
There are over 160 varieties of Cory cats so don't compare one to the other. YOUR kinds have an average of 5-7 years.

Back
Top Bottom