journy to sw nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could always start with a couple fish and let the tank get stable. Then dive into corals, and with that a better lighting solution.

its kinda limited for a 10gal. Clownfish/Damsel/possom wrasse-make sure you have a top they are jumpers/firefish/cardinalfish.

I believe I grabbed dwarf ceriths for you, they are great for cyano, algae, etc. Good little cleaners. And yes, the empty shell I sent has some nice coralline algae on it.

maxst2 said:
its kinda limited for a 10gal. Clownfish/Damsel/possom wrasse-make sure you have a top they are jumpers/firefish/cardinalfish.

i had a damsel but had a spike that killed it im stable now i have a top and when i upgrade i plan on open top with a screen under it so nothing jumps out

leftyfish said:
I believe I grabbed dwarf ceriths for you, they are great for cyano, algae, etc. Good little cleaners. And yes, the empty shell I sent has some nice coralline algae on it.

thanks lefty :) the cerths have been munchin on the same rock all day so far also how does the coraline spread exactly?

Anything softie and LPS just about anywhere, keep SPS near the top 1/3 though if you're wanting to go that route

Last edited:
Wow wolf long thread! Took me 5 days to catch up starting from the beginning lol, I also have a 10g HOWLR-hermits with lr only lol ive had it for almost a yr. Ok so with urs I would do 25% pwc/wk IMO. Its worked great for me so far and I hardly ever test my h2o, the only time I pwc more is the day after I feed my tank added onto normal pwc schedule. But when I do get fish n corals, 30% pwc's is what ill b doing unless suggested otherwise.

And like u I have an xtremly tight budget so my tnk isnt very pretty yet, but at least nothing has died lol I did lose one hermit early on I origionally had 4, ive had 2 sets up cuc's die too, but my main ls has survived some if the worst conditions. I pulled my hermits out of the ocean myself in corpus christi, tx... They are some troopers lol, but be patient, trial n error, and motivation will be key to success for ur tank :)

I buy all my water premixed from my lfs so no idea about mixing, but just do 20% for now until you get ur fish, then an xtra 20% a day after u feed, n I would only feed ur cuc just once a wk but IMO only once every other week bc u wanna encourage ur cuc to do its job, I.e. scavenge

Back
Top Bottom