Just bought this. Stay tuned...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gman42 said:
Hows the tank goin convict?

It's been a REAL pain TBO. I have to top off everyday. I can't do a ATO with a reserve because of where the tank is, it would just be a HUGE eye sore. No new corals other then what the pics show. I'm actually getting some more coral today. So I'll have new pics later.

I went the Par38 because I liked it more and felt it made the colors really pop! The stock light just made it look so dull IMO.

that's pretty much it for now.

I was toying with the idea of using my little nano 240 but the tank is so small I didn't like the way it looked in the tank.

I have the upgraded pump which is giving me 180gph rather then the stock 92gph.

I'll post new pics later today. That LFS I mentioned in the thread earlier is doing that 15 dollar frag tank and then there doing the bigger frag tank 4 for a $100.

Sniperhank said:
Man, that is one AMAZING LFS you have up in NYC brother. I'm jealous. In the same breath I'm not because I'd be broke. You going to the frag sale?

Yea after work if the rain slows down. Right now were getting hit pretty hard with rain and high winds.

Well no new corals. And I lost Moe the goby :(

He jumped! Left some scribble on the glass. Something about being tired of hearing the Mickey Mouse ClubHouse theme and the hotdog song.

I just picked up a yellow watchmen. The pistol shrimp seems to have taken a liking to the goby already. Posting video in a few.

Convict2161 said:
Thanks.

Here's the video

That's an awesome video. I want a pistol shrimp sooooo bad but no one has one around me. Did you buy them as a pair and also how deep is you sand bed

Lunchbox209 said:
That's an awesome video. I want a pistol shrimp sooooo bad but no one has one around me. Did you buy them as a pair and also how deep is you sand bed

Didn't buy them as a pair but they seem to have become pretty good friends lol.

My sand bed is 5" and that shrimp just plows threw it! Covered half my zoas!! I HAD a nice zoa garden going on the sand bed... Oh well! The shrimp had different plans. There's actually zoas now on the side and behind the rocks. He's just moving things wherever he wants, always keeping busy.

Lunchbox209 said:

I now want a pistol shrimp too! They are so cool! I could sit there and watch it for hours observing the making of a burrow. First I need to set up my tank... Also, awesome video convict!

Lunchbox209 said:
How many days have you had it

The shrimp for a couple of weeks. The goby since yesterday. I had a different goby but he jumped out of the tank to his death. Seems like they were meant for each other.

Convict2161 said:
The shrimp for a couple of weeks. The goby since yesterday. I had a different goby but he jumped out of the tank to his death. Seems like they were meant for each other.

I noticed you had a cleaner shrimp has the pistol shrimp ever messed with it. I want one so bad but I'm afraid he'll destroy my fire shrimp

Lunchbox209 said:
I noticed you had a cleaner shrimp has the pistol shrimp ever messed with it. I want one so bad but I'm afraid he'll destroy my fire shrimp

I haven't had any issues. I also have a strawberry crab and 2 peppermint shrimp and there all fine so far.

Convict2161 said:
I haven't had any issues. I also have a strawberry crab and 2 peppermint shrimp and there all fine so far.

Guess I'll be picking one soon just have go to my lfs and order it. thanks for the answers convict

Convict2161 said:
Well no new corals. And I lost Moe the goby :(

He jumped! Left some scribble on the glass. Something about being tired of hearing the Mickey Mouse ClubHouse theme and the hotdog song.

I just picked up a yellow watchmen. The pistol shrimp seems to have taken a liking to the goby already. Posting video in a few.

I have a YWG and pistol too. Did you put some shell fragments near the opening of the burrow? I put some there and pistol has used them all to shore up walls of the burrow. It's funny to watch him pull these frags that I thought would be too big for him into the burrow. And then he'll put small ones up on top of the bigger ones. He's quite the engineer!! Meanwhile, the YWG just tries not to get squished by the shell frags the pistol is dragging by him. Hilarious to watch!!

Back
Top Bottom