Just bought this. Stay tuned...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Convict2161 said:
Ok came into a light fixture from a friend. Figured I'd try it out.

Your honest opinion what looks better? I have a feeling I know what it's gonna be but I need your real down to earth harsh honest of all honest opinions! lol.

Stock lights

Par38 full spectrum. 3 blue, 2 royal blue, 4 white, 2 red and 2 green

The par38 sure bring out the color in everything but I think both look great

I agree with nunu. While it seems a couple of the corals are more open. Not sure if it is the light or not. But too much red in mho

Hmmmm... Now seeing this light on the tank the stock light looks bland to me. Idk either lol. What to do... What to do...

There's another plus to the Par38 light. No extension cords and extra surge protector. The stock lights need 2 outlets each so... Running 2 of the stock lights requires a lot of plugs, that's 4 plugs just for lights.

The downside to the Par38... No moonlights. It's either on or off. No in between however the company that sells the reef clamp has a moon light adapter that hooks onto the reed clamp so that can be solved for 30 bucks. The light was given to me for free. My friend broke his 20 gallon long down and yes it pains me very very very much to say this but....

He bought a house and is getting a 200 gallon reef ready tank :(

Major jealously right now lol. Anyway he said try the light. He had 2 of these on his 20g.

Ok so the stock lights are winning. Notice the zoas on the bottom in the Par38 pic. The artic blue or something or other I got them from reefs2go. There like HELLO!!

My OCD is so bad I almost wish 1 would break so there's no flip flopping. The wife likes the Par bulb isn't crazy about the black reef clamp but likes the colors. Says it looks like a different tank.

I dunno....

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Can you replace the red bulbs?

No and it's only 1 red and it throws that much light off. Oh well....

I value your opinions. I'm going back to the 2 stock lights.

I did notice the zoa's seemed happier that's what I meant. I like the par Better just to much red. If it didn't get to hot you could cut a small square piece of tape to cover the red. Don't think you would be able to see it.

On a side note just the that Sept 9th on the discovery channel they are doing a show on the great barrier reef at 9 est. looks awesome. Had shots of zoa's and war corals.

Hey convict, i think your playing favorites with these pictures :) haha the picture with the stock lights is too far away and doesnt have your recent corals! Lol

If you like the par38 then use them! I like them as well, but im more of a traditional person, blue and white. Haha

Edit: par looks better with the red covered up!!

I think what throws me is the rainbow effect in the sand in the front and the toadstool looks so red.

Convict2161 said:
Covered the red with tape just to see if there's a difference now between stock and Par

So is this pic the par or stock. I like it

I like the new light over the stock light. It looks really good with the red covered up.

Armoredspider said:
I like the new light over the stock light. It looks really good with the red covered up.

Agree much better without the red. Not to mention I am jealous cause you already have your new tank looking better than my cube

22engine said:
Agree much better without the red. Not to mention I am jealous cause you already have your new tank looking better than my cube

My tank? Or convicts? I am still just saving for a biocube 29 gallon.

Haha!! @22Engine

Thanks everyone!! You HAVE NO idea how much you helped!! My OCD is bad!! Red will be covered up and the Par38 is staying! Now... I wonder if I can paint the reef clamp white to match the tank. Hahaha my mind never stops! Or maybe a really cool looking fixture to hang over the tank!!

Hmmmm.... lol. I'll be back!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom