Max's 20g Rimless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will show it soon. I'm opening other presents.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's some other stuff I got. The blurred box is even more awesome!

Here it is... You guys were way wrong! :p
I just ordered a PH module and PH probe for it tonight... So once I get a co2 tank, I will have a PH controller built into this thing! As well as temp/heater and hopefully LED dimming. I am seeing if it's possible to return my Sat+ so I can get a compatible fixture like BML, so I could program the Apex to dim it. No big deal if I can't return the Sat+ though- I can always use their ramp timer and get the same effect.
img_2764435_0_74b1ef7c55e56f53c1c92af8cf2557e1.jpg

Last edited:
LOL, Bill, you and J were amusing me guessing like that! I got the inside scoop yesterday :D

Looks sweet, Max (y)

Geeeez, Max! That's pretty sweet. You're definitely not holding back on this tank. I might jump for one of these at some point for my reef. :)

Geeeez, Max! That's pretty sweet. You're definitely not holding back on this tank. I might jump for one of these at some point for my reef. :)

For the record, I did not buy it. It was a gift. I wouldn't have been able to afford it. :lol:

I got a 5 lb co2 tank last night. I have to send the Apex display module back to Neptune because they think it's defective. The controller still functions, but I can only control it with my computer or phone until they send me another display.

I'm also going to order plants soon. What do you guys think of the plants list?

4x Ludwigia Inclinata Cuba
8x Rotala sp. Colorata
4x Lindernia Rotundifolia 'Variegated'
10x S. Repens
?x A.R. Mini (I might have to get this one later because it's hard to find)

Last edited:
I like the plant list. I'm getting a whole bunch of AR Mini, I can send you some for free when it needs trimmed. PM me if you're interested :)

Are you going to be planting the plants in fairly large groups? I think you need something else... Hmm.

I like the plant list. I'm getting a whole bunch of AR Mini, I can send you some for free when it needs trimmed. PM me if you're interested :)

Are you going to be planting the plants in fairly large groups? I think you need something else... Hmm.

Yeah, I was thinking about getting another foreground plant. Maybe Elatine triandra. It kind of looks like mini S. repens, so if I had both in there it would look kinda cool.

I ordered plants today. I ordered 20 stems of s. repens, one stem of variegated r. macrandra (rare), 3 stems of ludwigia atlantis (kind of rare) and 3 stems of AR mini. I haven't been able to find someone who has all of the plants I was wanting, so I will just have to settle for something that is close to the same color.

I'm thinking of DIYing some kind of in-line probe holder so I don't have to have the probes visible in the tank. They're kind of big and they're black, so they will be pretty easy to see. Even if I hide them well, I still have to deal with the cords. Any thoughts on this? I was thinking of using some wider tubing and shoving the probes into the tubing, then sealing it up with silicone. I'm not sure how well it would work.

Plants came today. I put them in my 40 breeder for now until I get the rest of the plants I want.

I'm thinking of DIYing some kind of in-line probe holder so I don't have to have the probes visible in the tank. They're kind of big and they're black, so they will be pretty easy to see. Even if I hide them well, I still have to deal with the cords. Any thoughts on this? I was thinking of using some wider tubing and shoving the probes into the tubing, then sealing it up with silicone. I'm not sure how well it would work.

http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaticL...g_Probes-AquaticLife-AK01033-FITERPPO-vi.html ?

I am probably going to order another bag of Aquasoil so I can make a nice slope going up towards the back. But maybe I will fine a bunch of extra (or ugly) stones to bury and displace some Aquasoil right now. I will see what I can do.

I couldn't get much of a slope without more substrate. I ended up swapping and moving around some of the stones. I like it better, but I'm curious what you guys think. I think I might leave it like this and not get more substrate.

Before
img_2783814_0_507b989b3bd4d9ea8d6a8a47f2badb49.jpg

After
img_2783814_1_eb6cd317ada29a4c5376a321e10e3252.jpg

Back
Top Bottom