My 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's the new bubble counter! Just finished remixing my co2 and set it all up. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• image-1249987410.jpg
    image-1249987410.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 115
So I'm rather confused by this. Just tested ammonia, and the color doesn't match anything on the chart. Could this be because my solution bottles are getting low? Do they go bad? Hopefully you can see what I'm talking about from the picture. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image-3297146126.jpg
    image-3297146126.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 108
Might just want to take it to a shop to have it tested just to be sure. It looks very high.

I'd test some bottled water so you can clearly see what zero looks like with your solutions, and check if the reagents are still viable.

Thanks, I'll test some bottled water and tap water when I get home to see if I can read those results. It is still high but I'm making progress, at least it's not the darkest green anymore... Sigh...

Does this look like cyano or just diatoms? Just came home and noticed it. I've been busy working on my car the last few days.

Attachments

• image-525972783.jpg
    image-525972783.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 92
So the orange stuff seems to be going away on its own. However, parameters are not improving... I'm thinking that I'm going to break down this tank soon. Maybe this weekend. Planning on selling all my fish stuff that I won't use in my next tank to help fund it. For now, I only have time to maintain one tank so the next build will be my only one. I'm still trying to decided on the Mr Aqua rimless 11.5 gallon or the 12 long. Pretty sure I'm going to go with the 11.4, it's close to the same dimensions as a standard 10 gallon, and will be a lot cheaper to build. 18" fixture rather than a 36" and I'll probably still be able to use my aquaclear filter. BUT a 36" long tank sounds nice.... It's just so short! I'm torn... What do you guys think???

How about meeting in the middle and get a rimless that's good with a 24" fixture.. I'd say get the Mr. Aqua 17.4 (24 x 12 x 14.4)... Since its only one tank, might a well go larger so you'll have more real estate for flora/fauna.

I also heard some buzz about GLA coming out with a new line of rimless tanks soon. For a while its only been the 36-L.. So it might be worth waiting or sending them an email.

Now that you've mentioned it, the 17.4 might be perfect for a iwagumi/mountain scape tank... Hmmm... It's so hard to decide! It's such a commitment!

I don't really want to go through the trouble of shipping plants right now, but I'd hate to waste this stuff. Anybody want some MS and crypt crispatula? The crypt isn't doing too well under these conditions, but I'm sure it can be revived. Otherwise this stuff might end up in the trash...

I think I'm maxed out on plants.. I'll probably make an exception for UG though.. LOL

Anyway, just wondering if you figured out what tank you're gonna get?

Billbug68 said:
Pretty sure it's gonna be that. 150 just for the light fixture is what's going to really set me back, though.

No kidding. I've been looking at the 12L for a while but I'm considering a 25 cube just to save on lighting (can use a par38.). I'd have to make a stand for the 25 but I could just use my old 30L stand for the 12. It's such a tempting tank.

Back
Top Bottom