My 55g cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a crayfish in my 75 with two convicts and an Oscar. Just fine Everybody has their own territories tho. Crayfish lives far right in a hole in artificial roots. Oscar stays under him at night and the convicts live in a stump far left. I had I add lots of tall plants to break up the line of sight and give hiding spaces. But they all seems fine

Mashpotatoes74402 said:
I have a crayfish in my 75 with two convicts and an Oscar. Just fine Everybody has their own territories tho. Crayfish lives far right in a hole in artificial roots. Oscar stays under him at night and the convicts live in a stump far left. I had I add lots of tall plants to break up the line of sight and give hiding spaces. But they all seems fine

I wouldn't recommend adding peacocks with oscars. 1 - that's mixing African cichlids with south American cichlids, 2 - oscars get big and will look at them as a snack and 3 - oscars even small are very territorial, they'll harass and kill the peacocks regardless of size of the fish and the tank

Oh my, well i think I'm going to get one peacock and put a divider for a week. I'll get lots more hiding places too. My crayfish haven't touched my neon tetras or gouramis or even tried after the first day so... Perhaps they're too lazy to do so.

I appreciate your suggestions but it's worked well in my tank for 8 + months so I won't be changing anything

Look who has FINALLY come out from hiding :) he's been camping underneath my driftwood for the past week and a half. He's 1/2 the size of the rest of the fish but is finally out swimming around.

Attachments

• image-561138423.jpg
    image-561138423.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 149
Tank has finally cleared up but my residents have decided to do some scaping for themselves lol. Added 3 new fish today too. Currently on a drip. Will post pics once they are introduced

Attachments

• image-1517888161.jpg
    image-1517888161.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 169
  • image-2391784893.jpg
    image-2391784893.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 165
Duddits said:
Tank has finally cleared up but my residents have decided to do some scaping for themselves lol. Added 3 new fish today too. Currently on a drip. Will post pics once they are introduced

Stunning tank!

Back
Top Bottom