My 55g cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you. Can't wait for my 125g. Think I'll do black substrate. Opinions?

I would go black, I use black as I think it shows the fish off better. I also am I massive fan of convicts tank, he has changed to black and it looks even better. If I lived in the US I would seriously consider stealing his tank.

Haha. Your tank looks awesome!

In your opinion (I may have to wait until yours grow some) is a 55 gallon suitable for Africans or would a 75 be better? I am looking way down the road but I really want some African Cichlids sometime.

bud29 said:
Haha. Your tank looks awesome!

In your opinion (I may have to wait until yours grow some) is a 55 gallon suitable for Africans or would a 75 be better? I am looking way down the road but I really want some African Cichlids sometime.

The 75 would be better due to overstocking and having more water mass.

Duddits said:
I'd say they like the zucchini

Your tank is sweeeeeeeaaat

Andrew McFadden said:
The 75 would be better due to overstocking and having more water mass.

Your tank is sweeeeeeeaaat

The 75g would be better but a 55g works. That to me is the bare minimum for cichlids. The bigger the better though. I can't wait for my 125.

Thanks for the compliment. I take pride in my tank and my fish are happy and healthy. I'm starting to think they are fed better then I am lol

Duddits said:
The 75g would be better but a 55g works. That to me is the bare minimum for cichlids. The bigger the better though. I can't wait for my 125.

Thanks for the compliment. I take pride in my tank and my fish are happy and healthy. I'm starting to think they are fed better then I am lol

You should when it looks like that :) I can't wait till all of mine start showing all their colors

bud29 said:
OK. I will definitely look into the 75. It is just that I can get a 55 w/stand for a much cheaper cost.

You can still do a 55g. Look at mine, it's a 55 and I love it. One thing you'll learn about being a fish hobbyist, you always want a bigger tank lol

Just a few new pics

Attachments

• image-792151486.jpg
    image-792151486.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 125
  • image-3066207109.jpg
    image-3066207109.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 133
  • image-1134034863.jpg
    image-1134034863.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 137
Back