New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
You could get away with a PC fixture if you wanted. Light on a fowlr is for you and not the fish. lol :-D Even t8's would work. You get off light with this build!

Sweet! But still wanna have their colors pop.

carey said:
You could get away with a PC fixture if you wanted. Light on a fowlr is for you and not the fish. lol :-D Even t8's would work. You get off light with this build!

Tjey also help with circadian rythms.

Kio my fixture is a coralife 4-94w PC setup with lunar leds... and it more than lights up the whole room with just 1 set of lights on. (Which is 2 bulbs) if its gonna be a true fowlr for the foreseeable future, pc will serve you well. If you'd like to see true pics of pc on a tank I can send you some

Please do. Is yours 72"? I may make the 125 a reef, but not for a lil while... like years! LOL.

That'd be a great reef light in my opinion. lol I run 12 t5's over my 125g reef now. You could for sure get away with a cheaper light for fowlr.

I love this fixture, but I agree with carey, you could get away with something less for a fowlr. :) I will be using this for my 125g reef tank! :)

Well, something came up and I gotta get the tank tomorrow. Plus VA sat around on my appraisal, so won't close till next week. But new tank tomorrow.....

Well, something came up and I gotta get the tank tomorrow. Plus VA sat around on my appraisal, so won't close till next week. But new tank tomorrow.....

Well maybe we will both get our 125g's tomorrow. I still don't know if I will be getting mine tomorrow, I hope so, but this guy isn't good with communication, lol.

id had my Picasso for prob 3-4 months before getting my lion... shoulda seen my pansy of a Picasso when the lion went in. He literally hid in a corner for a day. They get along great now though, even brush into eachother from now and then. True story I watched my powder brown tang gently nibble a spine on the lions back....I flipped out, stupid tang

huma-huma said:
id had my Picasso for prob 3-4 months before getting my lion... shoulda seen my pansy of a Picasso when the lion went in. He literally hid in a corner for a day. They get along great now though, even brush into eachother from now and then. True story I watched my powder brown tang gently nibble a spine on the lions back....I flipped out, stupid tang

Yeah, read triggers and others would nibble the spines then attack the fish. But good to know the huma will be ok. He's about 2.5". Don't want a $25 meal for the lion... Lol

Where are you buying these fish?!? I paid 60 for mine. And the two are pretty much at a stalemate, the trigger has speed and agility, the lion has poison and spines... so they should pretty much coexist without issue

huma-huma said:
Where are you buying these fish?!? I paid 60 for mine. And the two are pretty much at a stalemate, the trigger has speed and agility, the lion has poison and spines... so they should pretty much coexist without issue

My lfs. They got it in last Thursday, said they wouldn't let me take it without it sitting a week in QT. make sure it's healthy. They really only charge what u could get it for online. Best lil shop, and glad I found them. Am I allowed to say their shop name? I've already got a negative report on me, not trying to get another. Lol.

I believe so, as long as you're not soliciting them.. I buy from wet pets and friends... there if there's gonna be one negative, mineaswell add that lol. Triggers are highly disease resistant... (knock on wood but both my triggers laughed in the face of ich...)

Back
Top Bottom