Not Brooks' gbr tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New female has settled in nicely, they paired after a day.. not sure where this myth of gbr will only pair once started?? This will be his 3rd wifey! I'll try and get some pics, she's a spaz..
Side note.. ordering from yunite was great, communication was excellent, as was packaging and quality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not wholly a myth. Obviously we all know they lean toward monagamy and usually will not take on other mates, but at some point life will end and nature and the drive for the continuation of the species kick in and another pair is formed. If they truly did pair with only a single fish for life then I'm sure they would be hanging out with the Dodo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not wholly a myth. Obviously we all know they lean toward monagamy and usually will not take on other mates, but at some point life will end and nature and the drive for the continuation of the species kick in and another pair is formed. If they truly did pair with only a single fish for life then I'm sure they would be hanging out with the Dodo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dodos are still around. They're just hangin out with all of the Sasquatches or Sasquatchi whichever is the proper plural. :D

Would like to see a pic of them together. :cool:

This was a quick shot 15 min after I acclimated her!
I'll get some more later, after I do a wc and "clean up" a bit:)

Attachments

• 1429470861179.jpg
    1429470861179.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 1429470874162.jpg
    1429470874162.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
They're pretty much impossible to get a good pic of,shes all over the place and hes trying to get noticed..i should probably bribe them with food...

Attachments

• 1429483243149.jpg
    1429483243149.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 1429483255482.jpg
    1429483255482.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 1429483271615.jpg
    1429483271615.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you originally get your male?
I have seen several like yours in pics with red on their dorsal,while all of mine are dark if not black regardless of the rest of their color.
I am interested in adding that color to one of my lines at least.
Picture quality is ehh?
Subject matter of pic is AWESOME!
The fish and tank look great!

Male is local bred in Rhode Island. Best ram ever!

Very awesome brook! Let me know if u ever get them to raise children properly!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hot dang those are some gorgeous ram cichlids!

Thanks, i do enjoy them. So much personality to.match the looks. Sucks they're so darn fragile (or are they:p. ). I want to rescape this tank bad but I don't want to mess with their house..

Very awesome brook! Let me know if u ever get them to raise children properly!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app
I put a copy of good parenting weekly in front of the tank but they don't seem to be interested.. Dr. Phil won't return my phone calls.. either he's not a fish fan or doesn't work with farm animals..

Think She's vibing him?

Attachments

• 1429569945565.jpg
    1429569945565.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 66
He's in strong current in the pic, he's not all that interested.. here's what he looks like when he's interested haha.

Attachments

• 1429571024522.jpg
    1429571024522.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Makes me want to get some gbr again >< im turning my 40g into a shrimp tank >.>

Sent from my SM-G925P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Makes me want to get some gbr again >< im turning my 40g into a shrimp tank >.>

That's one huge shrimp tank. Building a shrimp army or something? I can just see the waves of them heading for a sinking pellet!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

For real himdie, what's the plan there? Mossy sanctuary?

Haha yea pretty much got my moss covered log and whatnot i got some of those cardinal shrimp from aquabid >.> and im hoping to get an army going ?

Thanks, i do enjoy them. So much personality to.match the looks. Sucks they're so darn fragile (or are they:p. ). I want to rescape this tank bad but I don't want to mess with their house..

Too fragile for me to bother. I had a pair that was low quality and they lasted a month. There's nowhere for me to get good ones around here so it's just not worth it...

A while back when I did have a good pair laying eggs in a 26 gallon bowfront though... dang those were some nice fish.

Back
Top Bottom