Pico of the Picos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NatureFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
IMO a 20 long is a decent sized tank. So it really surprised me that a nano is considered a tank 20 gallons or less. This thread is a thread where you can show off the super tiny tanks 5 gallons and under. Well, that is if you even have tanks that small...
Looking forward to seeing them!

NatureFish
????

I would love to see some pics of tanks under 5 gallons too! (I don't have one under 5 but love looking at tank pictures!) Cool thread idea. :)

Here is the little 5G Chi MacroAlgae tank,
has a Teal Trumpet
2 little round whitish yellow sponges and a bunch of Pineapple sponges now, Feather Caulerpa and red and green grape,
a little Turtle Grass start,
Black Codium,
a couple kinds of red Gracilaria,
Bubble algae red,
Green Turf algae,
A small shaving brush I broke off and it is slowly growing back
Little Halimeda that's trying to hang in there

Bristle worms and a bunch of little snails,
Dwarf Cerith and
a Trochus snail,
a Stomatella snail

I think that is about it. I will be trying to find a few more MA to add to the bunch. And I DON'T like the Bristleworms, though they really enjoy the holes in the rocks to use to slink in and out of... :ermm:
60074-albums13960-picture67374.jpg

I did plant the Turtle grass btw
60074-albums13960-picture67375.jpg

60074-albums13960-picture67376.jpg

Here is the little 5G Chi MacroAlgae tank,
has a Teal Trumpet
2 little round whitish yellow sponges and a bunch of Pineapple sponges now, Feather Caulerpa and red and green grape,
a little Turtle Grass start,
Black Codium,
a couple kinds of red Gracilaria,
Bubble algae red,
Green Turf algae,
A small shaving brush I broke off and it is slowly growing back
Little Halimeda that's trying to hang in there

Bristle worms and a bunch of little snails,
Dwarf Cerith and
a Trochus snail,
a Stomatella snail

I think that is about it. I will be trying to find a few more MA to add to the bunch. And I DON'T like the Bristleworms, though they really enjoy the holes in the rocks to use to slink in and out of... :ermm:
60074-albums13960-picture67374.jpg

I did plant the Turtle grass btw
60074-albums13960-picture67375.jpg

60074-albums13960-picture67376.jpg

What's the little blue thing in the first pic?

NatureFish
????

What's the little blue thing in the first pic?

NatureFish
????

Ah, a flat marble like comes out of a Betta tank, lol. The pink sand is Garnet sand, and originally was in a FW tank, somehow that ended up in some of the little rocks and stuff when it was in the FW and it just turned up from the middle of the sand when i was moving stuff around.

An older pic of my 3.7 aio before inverts and a yellow clown goby. Also has zoas and a toadstool now.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

An older pic of my 3.7 aio before inverts and a yellow clown goby. Also has zoas and a toadstool now.

You know the rules, pics or it didn't happen :p

Shrimp goby? Should be fine if you pair it with a pistol, they rarely are a few inches from the burrow entrance IME.

Shrimp goby? Should be fine if you pair it with a pistol, they rarely are a few inches from the burrow entrance IME.

Agree 100% about leaving the burrow. I never find then anymore than 3", maybe 3-1/2" from their burrow, but I can hear him snapping away !!

Has anyone heard of a tank less than a gallon? I'm trying to do one that's a little less than half of a gallon.

NatureFish
????

That's pretty! I have the LFS Holding a tank for me that I wanted to put a clownfish pair in but on second thought I think it's inhumane to keep clownfish in a 5 gallon. Am I right or is it ok to put clownfish in a 5?

NatureFish
????

That's pretty! I have the LFS Holding a tank for me that I wanted to put a clownfish pair in but on second thought I think it's inhumane to keep clownfish in a 5 gallon. Am I right or is it ok to put clownfish in a 5?

NatureFish
????

I want them to live a full 20 years so I'm thinking the answer to my question is no I cannot get any in that tank.

NatureFish
????

Back
Top Bottom