upgrading - order of fish to go in.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ezbandrea

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone.
so i've got myself a 215lt / 57g new tank. it will be fully cycled and stable before any fish go in.
but what order (over a period of many weeks) do my current fish go into the new tank? - i have
16 - Ember Tetras
5 - Cardinal Tetras
3 - Golden Pencilfish
2 - Platinum Tetras
4 - Pygmy corys
1 - Bronze cory
1 - Oto
1 - L134 Leopard Frog Pleco

Any thoughts......:fish2:

Not sure on the order, all of those seem like peaceful fish to me so I don't see any issues, although I could be wrong. Depending on how you cycle the tank will depend on how fast you should add them. If you do a fishless cycle with ammonia and dose to 4 you could probably add them all right away, if you wanted. I think the Pencilfish and Platinums may need more of a group (5+), although it's possible the different types of Tetra will school together, not sure. The Corys also like a larger group, at least 5 is recommended; not sure if the two different types will group together but even so 3 isn't really enough for Corys, they are social and are more active in groups.

The Oto you may want to wait a good six months on; they eat algae and if there isn't enough for them to feed on in the tank they can easily starve as they don't tend to eat other foods well.

librarygirl said:
Not sure on the order, all of those seem like peaceful fish to me so I don't see any issues, although I could be wrong. Depending on how you cycle the tank will depend on how fast you should add them. If you do a fishless cycle with ammonia and dose to 4 you could probably add them all right away, if you wanted. I think the Pencilfish and Platinums may need more of a group (5+), although it's possible the different types of Tetra will school together, not sure. The Corys also like a larger group, at least 5 is recommended; not sure if the two different types will group together but even so 3 isn't really enough for Corys, they are social and are more active in groups.

The Oto you may want to wait a good six months on; they eat algae and if there isn't enough for them to feed on in the tank they can easily starve as they don't tend to eat other foods well.

+1
I would add the least sensitive ones first.

Back
Top Bottom