What is over stocking anyway?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I highly recommend Franks. I've ordered lots of fish from him and he's really easy to work with and the fish are quality stock.

ya franks has them....they are out of stock and $4 is that a normal price? hey.....do you have any embers?

Right..what I should have said is they are very popular among the planted nano tank crowd. The websites that I see carrying them always sell out fast, but the lfs I found mine at said they'd had them forever and couldn't get rid of them! Hopefully they start getting more recognition. They are one of the few schoolers out there that can really thrive in a 10 gal tank.

ya franks has them....they are out of stock and $4 is that a normal price? hey.....do you have any embers?
Yikes I have a school of 6 and I was lucky enough to pick them up for $1.99 a peice.

$4 is high for embers IMO. When I am able to keep them in stock I have them marked $2.

Be wary of Az Gardens... I've read many, many negative reviews about them.

lucky!!! ya it might be about location to! ya i dont see why they arent more popular! they are so pretty and small! maybe cause they dont have a pattern i can not find an ALL fish store loccally only pet stores, are they hidden or something?!

I stock my tank by looking and testing. If nitrates get above 20 in a week I'm overstocked. If the fish looked cramped in one region that Regina is over stocked. If fish are being aggressive there are too many fish in their area so im overstocked. With your stocking I'd remove 4 neon tetras and get 2 other corys That's JMO

ok i think i will do that so 6 corys and 6 neons and 10 embers and 2 rams 6 marble hatchets right?

$4 is high for embers IMO. When I am able to keep them in stock I have them marked $2.

Be wary of Az Gardens... I've read many, many negative reviews about them.

THANK YOU... I hadn't heard anything about them and was going to give them a try. I won't bother!

lucky!!! ya it might be about location to! ya i dont see why they arent more popular! they are so pretty and small! maybe cause they dont have a pattern i can not find an ALL fish store loccally only pet stores, are they hidden or something?!
I've never been to an all fish store :ermm:

o ya yes i am...forgot to put it in there! ya me either its weird people always talk about them...is there really such thing, i geuss i wont bother either!

I've never kept hatchets myself but when I've seen them at the lfs they are always swimming right up top so I think they should fit in there nicely as well :)

o thats good i saw a youtube on it and they were on top to i think it will work out fine.

I feel if a tank is balanced, and proper maintenance is being carried out, you're perfectly fine.

I have an overstocked 38g with
1 Farlowella Catfish
1 Bristlenose Pleco
1 Pearl Gourami
1 Sailfin Molly
10 Neon Tetras
7 Black Neon Tetras
4 Bolivian Rams

I can't find a trace of nitrates due to how heavily planted the tank is 40% water changes are also carried out every two weeks.

If you go on other online forums such as AquariaCentral.com or Plantedtank.net/forums, you could find a bunch of sellers for Ember Tetras. I'd look specifically for Msjinkzd or send Severum Mama some Pms on herE!

Back
Top Bottom