Ziggy's Corner Planter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went ahead and ordered the remaining 4 LEDs and the 1 extra to replace the bad diode. When they come in that will put me at 24 LEDs on this heat sink. I've got to do a work up of how I'm going to incorporate the next 2 heatsinks with 6-12 LEDs each on them. Also trying to decide if I want to add optics to these or not.

Ah so much to do....

Just water appropriate for what I'm doing is all. When I have SW again it will go back to my standard Frogspawn.

LOL

Was that really a frogspawn? I haven't seen one with that coloration besides yours then. I want one for myself! Lol.

That was really frogspawn and that was in my tank and a pic I took. The reason it looked that color is because the pic was taken with only actinic light on.

Since I've been asked to show this. Here is the drain and return lines on my tank

006vzg.jpg

005qb.jpg

Working up the motivation to go to LOWES again. Not sure that I will be getting anything as I will be walking there and back. At least nothing big lol

I love the filtration system!
Are there plants or driftwood in there yet? Or am i jumping the gun? Like always!
But i really like the avatar now fanwort or ambulia or something like that and the signiture has changed. Wow!
Our jjob is almost complete!

I love the filtration system!
Are there plants or driftwood in there yet? Or am i jumping the gun? Like always!
But i really like the avatar now fanwort or ambulia or something like that and the signiture has changed. Wow!
Our jjob is almost complete!

The Corner does not have anything in it other than substrate. I'm letting it cycle with the filter media from the 10g. I tested the water and the ammonia level was at .25. We are getting there. Feeding the tank lightly.

Another trip across the street to Lowes netted me some more wire and the 1/2" electrical conduit I'm going to be using to suspend the lights with. Following Neilan's design to make a floating light system.

Now to design the housing the LEDs will be mounted in. I've tossed the previous ideas out the window.

I looked around at some plants, and I have to say, swords caught my eye. What plants do you have planned for this tank?

I looked around at some plants, and I have to say, swords caught my eye. What plants do you have planned for this tank?

Pretty ones...

LOL

Swords are on the list. I have had them before. I also love Lace Leaf one of my favs. I want to go with some of the higher light demanding ground covers as well. HC is one that I would love to have (dwarf baby tears).

As for the other plants I don't know. I will go on recommendations of other Planted folks and from doing some reading. I want this tank to be very heavily planted. Thick as thieves.

Pretty ones...

LOL

Swords are on the list. I have had them before. I also love Lace Leaf one of my favs. I want to go with some of the higher light demanding ground covers as well. HC is one that I would love to have (dwarf baby tears).

As for the other plants I don't know. I will go on recommendations of other Planted folks and from doing some reading. I want this tank to be very heavily planted. Thick as thieves.

Baby tears makes an absolutely incredibly beautiful and lush carpet. I'm trying to grow it now but my barbs keep eating it. My last tank was loaded with it. It was some of my favorite things about that tank. *sigh*

Being from the Baltimore area myself, I was wondering where you buy your fish and plants.

The 10g was mainly stocked from House of Tropicals in Glen Burnie. I haven't put anything in the corner yet. I've gone out to Aquarium Depot and was impressed with their livestock as well as knowledgeable staff.

That is where I used to shop when it was Aquarium Center. I tried calling today but the number on their website was disconnected. We come down every few weeks or so and I figured I'd stop by there. So I guess they're still in business. That's good. I never went to House of Tropicals but heard they're decent.
Is your 10g pic in your profile?

My avatar is my 10g tank. Aquarium Center is now Aquarium Depot and from what I understand they are in the same space they have always been. House of Tropicals is not the greatest but they are so close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom