Ziggy's Corner Planter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The interview went very well. I got a call back from the a couple hours after I left. I should know Monday if I got the job. I feel pretty confident that I did. We shall see.

Nicccce... good luck. I've come to the conclusion that my 55gal must be a freshwater tank. AND plants will populate it.

Cycle is complete. I was at an LFS today and saw an awesome piece of wood that I might have to get tomorrow. I haven't decided. Neilan has offered some of driftwood out of his tank and I'm torn. This piece is exactly what I was looking for. It's looks like a stump and it will be the center piece of the tank. All the plantings will be done around it. I just don't know yet.

I'm ordering the rest of the LEDs and have some quick figuring to do on getting them hung over the tank. I need to borrow or get a pipe bender. I really want to focus on the tank tomorrow.

It has been a long week for me and I've gotten 0 done.

I interviewed with Medifast in Owings Mills MD today.

Small world, my mom just lost a bunch of weight on the Medifast Take Shape for Life program. Hope you get it!

Do you need to take pictures of all driftwood in question and let the peanut gallery decide so you can choose the opposite? Lol.

I'm going back to the LFS today to look at the driftwood again. If it's still there I might just bring it home. I've got to get the light over the tank so I can get some of the plants out of the 10g and into the corner. The plants are growing out of the tank and they need to be trimmed.

Lid???

The conduit is bent and ready for cutting down. I've got the design somewhat figured out and how I'm going to mount and hold this light up and together.

Quick update with the lights over the tank in a temporary configuration.

Just so you know these pics do not do justice to how bright the lights really are.
011tec.jpg

009bp.jpg

Test plant (LOL!)
008yab.jpg

007ltv.jpg

006mi.jpg

005jr.jpg

BTW...ignore the fish that you see in there. They are feeders that are going upstairs to my friends giant newt.

Here is what the project box looks like with all the wiring crammed in. I used a little dab of super glue gel to hold each puck in place. All wires are soldered together and then covered with shrink tubing.

003pd.jpg

001vdr.jpg

Rather than split the blues and whites up this time I wired 6 of each together. Right now I'm using both power supplies one for each 12 diode string. I'm going to run the tank like this for a little while and see what happens. From what I'm seeing I don't think I will need more light but time will tell. I'm going to build the holding system so I can easily add modules if I need to.

Oh and the yellow and gray wires you see curled up are for the dimmers that I have not installed as yet. I might do that and I might not. I haven't decided yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom