Ziggy's Corner Planter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I managed to get the driftwood to sink. Faile suggested adding a couple more pieces of slate to the bottom of the stump. I added them and it did sink. Now I just have to get it buried into the substrate and add the new rocks I go and the tank will be awesome!

I went to That Pet Place in Lancaster, PA today. What an awesome store. More to come on my pickups, no livestock but I did get a few things here and there along with a Tee shirt!!

Ok so here are a ton of pics of my trip to That Fish Place today. Enjoy, yes I know there are a lot more pics of SW than FW but that's just the way the substrate crumbles....

066sl.jpg

062us.jpg

That would be me
061ao.jpg

and me again
054wr.jpg

So I got my job as some of you may or may not know and as a reward to myself I decided to go to the LFS and see if that awesome piece of driftwood was still there. Well since things have been going my way lately it was and I got it. Now I just have to figure out how to get it to sink.

Here are some pics.

001tr.jpg

003cyk.jpg

004ad.jpg

006cs.jpg

007jye.jpg

This does take up a lot of space in the tank but that is how I wanted it. It is an awesome center piece and I will plant around it and on it.

That wood is perfect.
Congrats on the new job!

Hey the tank is going good. I just finished reading through your thread and agree with the blue lights popping out the fish. I like to run actinics with my daylights on freshwater tanks as well.

I know someone who has a sump on his 120 gallon planted and had no issues. There will definetely be some co2 loss but that is not a huge problem as co2 is cheap. However, if you were thinking of some nice foreground plants like HC then they might not pearl if that is what you are after.

Hey the tank is going good. I just finished reading through your thread and agree with the blue lights popping out the fish. I like to run actinics with my daylights on freshwater tanks as well.

I know someone who has a sump on his 120 gallon planted and had no issues. There will definetely be some co2 loss but that is not a huge problem as co2 is cheap. However, if you were thinking of some nice foreground plants like HC then they might not pearl if that is what you are after.

You will have to explain what "pearl" means. I'm new to the high light planted systems.

Pearling is usually an indicator of a happily planted tank (for the most part). It is due to a high rate of photosynthesis. The plants are using up lots of nutrients and CO2, therefore they releasing lots of O2. The pearling is the plant release O2. You can see all the little bubbles that are coming off the plants.

Pic of my "frill plant" pearling:
frill%20pearling.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom