Ziggy's Corner Planter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow this thread has hit 200 posts already. Lord.

Here is a shot of the tank with the driftwood and rocks (rocks came from That Fish Place) in them. The water is still a bit cloudy from having disturbed the substrate so much to get the 4 pieces of slate tile buried.

The tank looks dark but believe me it is lit up like the 4th of July in there. After I get home this evening I'm planning on moving some of the larger plants from the 10g over to this tank.

004pd.jpg

Pearling is usually an indicator of a happily planted tank (for the most part). It is due to a high rate of photosynthesis. The plants are using up lots of nutrients and CO2, therefore they releasing lots of O2. The pearling is the plant release O2. You can see all the little bubbles that are coming off the plants.

Pic of my "frill plant" pearling:
frill%20pearling.jpg
I recently set up my co2 and they ahve been doing that so its a good thing thats good, you have the diffuser yet ziggy?

I have a diffuser for the 54g tank I just haven't started the CO2 in it yet. That is about to happen though. I have a lot to do in the tank in the next few days.

Sorry to jump in on your thread, but that driftwood is gorgeous!

Don't apologize! Thanks for taking the time to have a look. I spent a couple weeks looking at that piece of driftwood before I bought it. I love it and I can't way to have the tank full of plants and fish.

I am not like I used to be. Before when doing my SW tanks I would buy on the spot and deal with the consequences later, now I take my time and look around and make sure that I get exactly what I want. This piece was in my LFS and when I saw it I checked to see what it would look like in my tank (they had the same tank in the store) and then I put it back. The next time I went to the store it was still there so I looked at it again. The third I told myself that if it was there I would buy it and there it sat pretty as you please and I got it.

Really going to be a great looking tank ziggy. That is a brilliant piece of driftwood. Can't wait to see some plants tied to that bad boy.

Hey old man, (LOL.)
The driftwood is really awesomee!! I bet it's gonna loom really cool. What kinds of fish are you planning on stocking the tank with? Do I you not know or has it already been said and I just missed it??

I haven't decided completely on what fish I want in the tank. I know there are a few rainbow fish I want and I'll probably have at least one angel. Aside from that I'm not sure. Neons of some kind will be in it as well. I want a nice school of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom