Apistogramma care/info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the ones I have my eye on :)

Attachments

• image-406307418.jpg
    image-406307418.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 77
Ive just placed the order for them at my LFS. I have just recreated the tank which I think looks really good. I'll get pictures soon. They will arrive in around two weeks. Nitrite is on a decent... I had a really bad spike of 5ppm! I've so far got it down to 2ppm and will dowager changes twice a day. Also ammonia was showing incredibly high, 8ppm!!! I have this ammo lock stuff which I thought was ammonia remover and I've used that since a few months back. It says that it detoxifies ammonia but doesn't get rid of it? So does that mean the ammonia is okay?

Apistogramma agassizi fire reds I think. I don't even see why levels did that. I do a 50% PWC every week. No problems like that at all :( then I mixed up the sand and added some new sand and BOOM... That happens

Yea ammo lock just makes it safe but doesn't get rid of it. Water changes and good bacteria in the tank will keep the ammonia down. Ammonia is consumed by beneficial bacteria and then made into nitrates

Yeah I do lots of partial water changes. Just hoping to get it down before they come! I'll get photos of the tank setup in a minute

Was thinking about getting live food? How long can that be stored without feeding it to the fish?

If frozen quite awhile, real live food not that long. Feed a good quality food like nls and they don't need as much thus your water being cleaner

Okay, I'm stuck with a issue. I would like to add another cave , since it has been suggested to have 2m 4f. My tank will be understocked, so can I remove one of my 3 fluval u3's?

And will a plastic plant pot be okay? It won't be long until they arrive, perhaps another week. I will start putting in the almond leaf extract tomorrow so the pH starts to drop. I was considering a brine shrimp hatchery, so I will have a constant supply of food? Good idea or no?

Flakes or pellets are better than brine. You can do it to give some variety. The plastic pot will work too. The cave only needs to be big enough to fit one of them in there at a time. And you are gonna want more than two total.

Okay, so the tan has this cave, the opening is only about 2cm in length and about 1.5 height, will they be able to fit?

Oh... I just put in two more caves and was going to add more plants. I literally just took out the rocks but I may be able to re-incorporate them again :)

Back
Top Bottom