Apistogramma care/info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it possible to cycle a tank in 5 days? My little tank is showing 0.25 ammonia , 0ppm nitrite and and 40ppm nitrate?

Is it possible to cycle a tank in 5 days? My little tank is showing 0.25 ammonia , 0ppm nitrite and and 40ppm nitrate?

By the way I had forgot to shale bottle 2 on my tests! Turns out my other tank had nitrates!!!

One of the males seems protective over a to corner of the tank. He isn't over there all the time but likes to sit up there for a minute then go back down. When another male goes near it he appears to peck at their side. He eats and has no physical signs of illness?

What's a good algae eater that cichlids won't harm or kill, I have all peacocks and a few red zebras

One of the males seems protective over a to corner of the tank. He isn't over there all the time but likes to sit up there for a minute then go back down. When another male goes near it he appears to peck at their side. He eats and has no physical signs of illness?
This is standard Cichlid territorial aggression. All my dwarfs will do this from time to time. When being attacked they to for the side it hardly does damage but it gets the point across that the space is theirs. I'd say your okay it's gonna be unavoidable

This is standard Cichlid territorial aggression. All my dwarfs will do this from time to time. When being attacked they to for the side it hardly does damage but it gets the point across that the space is theirs. I'd say your okay it's gonna be unavoidable

Just picked up. Ore females. I had nitrates of 40ppm in my big tank,which is weird since I do water changes practically every other day? So I did two water changes of around 30% each last night. I haven't tested again but I'm gonna test the tap water

Just picked up. Ore females. I had nitrates of 40ppm in my big tank,which is weird since I do water changes practically every other day? So I did two water changes of around 30% each last night. I haven't tested again but I'm gonna test the tap water

My guess would be the tap like you suggested. How many did you get?

Yep. Tap has 30ppm nitrates! Great. So either way I'll end up with high nitrates. I got 3 females since he had trouble sexing them. I was confident these 3 are females

Yep. Tap has 30ppm nitrates! Great. So either way I'll end up with high nitrates. I got 3 females since he had trouble sexing them. I was confident these 3 are females

Sounds like my girlfriends tap. I fill and drive 30 gallons a week from my house to hers for water changes. Is it well? Hers is a well and mines city. It's also hard as a rock with a ph through the roof lol

Sounds like my girlfriends tap. I fill and drive 30 gallons a week from my house to hers for water changes. Is it well? Hers is a well and mines city. It's also hard as a rock with a ph through the roof lol

Nah not as far as I know. Will they be okay with the nitrates though? I know it is far from ideal. But is there chances that they can breed? If everything else is correct? The pH here is 7.6 so quite hard.

Nah not as far as I know. Will they be okay with the nitrates though? I know it is far from ideal. But is there chances that they can breed? If everything else is correct? The pH here is 7.6 so quite hard.

If you keep up with changes it might be okay. I'd look into a portable reverse osmosis filter just got one for $70 for all of mine. I wouldn't worry about the ph.

Back
Top Bottom