Apistogramma care/info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can try putting them in a bucket with a bubbler or something and some methelyene blue then switching them to a breeder box when they are free swimming. This is why I got rid of everything in my apisto tank minus some tetras lol.

I'm using almond leaf extract, but the problem is, the pH has gone from 6.4 back to 7.2. Whats a good dosage to keep the pH at a stable 6.4? A dose of 5ml every other day?

Tap is a pH of 7.6... Fish:
Rummy nose tetra
Cardinal tetra
Cherry barb ( will be removed)
Ristlenose Pleco
Panda cories

Adjusting the ph really isn't that important- what's more important is keeping it stable and not letting it change. If you're trying to breed them I would make sure that the water the eggs/fry are in is the same as the water that the parents bred in.

Adjusting the ph really isn't that important- what's more important is keeping it stable and not letting it change. If you're trying to breed them I would make sure that the water the eggs/fry are in is the same as the water that the parents bred in.

So you think I shouldn't dose with almond leaf extract?

What decor/substrate do you have in the tank? Have you tested the water without dosing almond leaf extract?

What decor/substrate do you have in the tank? Have you tested the water without dosing almond leaf extract?

I have sand substrate. I have: rocks
Bogwood
Plastic plant pots
A ceramic cave
9 different types of live plants

But as far as your ph goes, you gonna need to keep it steady. To many 6.4-7.2 changes is gonna kill your fish. Maybe add peat to the filter and just let it pull your ph down to where it can keep it steady

But as far as your ph goes, you gonna need to keep it steady. To many 6.4-7.2 changes is gonna kill your fish. Maybe add peat to the filter and just let it pull your ph down to where it can keep it steady

Hm I can try. I will try and persuade her over the next few days! It will take a lot! Would a pair or two survive in a 10g?

Back
Top Bottom