fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My petco has them periodically. Can't remember the price, though. I'm sure it's $3 or less.

My LFS sells them for 2.50$ but they always are on sale after a shipment comes in :)

How many peppermint shrimp could I have? 2-4? They are carnivores and grow to about 2 inches. I'm thinking 2 will be good. What do y'all think? Also, would $3 be a good offer for them? Someone on CL is selling off their entire setup. Wish I had $1600 to buy it! Lol!

My current stock is:

2 nassarius snails
3 dwarf blue leg hermits
1 emerald crab
1 Astrea snail
1 candycane
Some zoas

I'm planning on getting a clown goby at some point, some cerith snails and more corals.

Haha anytime :) I wouldn't go more than 2 in such a small tank. I have 2 in my 29 but mine always stick together and seem to be completely fine so 2 should work good. I bought mine for 8$ a piece.

Looks like you got a battle with the hair algae going on! Tank looks good though!

scottayy said:
Looks like you got a battle with the hair algae going on! Tank looks good though!

I'm battling it hard! LOL! The one astrea snail I have is doing good. Two would do better... I think my emerald crab is on strike. He hangs out on the back of a rock and i dont see him much anymore. It's okay. The new PH should help and I will have to pick up another astrea sometime next week. I'll get it under control. It'll just take time.

Khij159753 said:
Well good luck :)

Thanks! It's actually not that bad. It isn't growin on the glass anymore and the snail is taking care of it. I see a little less each day. I'm going to do a little PWC today. Maybe 1 gallon.

Nice :) hopefully it'll all be gone soon :) I need to get 5, 5 gallon buckets to the right salinity so I can do a WC haha. Wouldn't be so hard but they already have some salt in them. So it'll be slot of test then add then test then add :/

Just tested trates and they are less than 5!

I've got 1.5 gal fresh saltwater mixing for a pwc.

The astrea snail is hard at work on the hair algae. I may have to get her a friend in a couple of days.

The zoos and my candy cane look real good. Well, the candy cane still has that one polyp that isn't ever completely happy but it's just going to have to deal with it. I'm not moving it.

Aggravated that amazon hasn't shipped my PH. It's been 3 days since I placed the order.

All in all my tank is doing well.

1.5 gal pwc complete. I'm out of salt again. Everything is mad at me for mucking up the water when I scrubbed the glass. I'm sure it will all be fine tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom