fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
naked clown goby, sexy shrimps, and vodka dosing
oh my!

that little bugger looks amazing

I got him! Man he has some energy. I just got home so now I will acclimate him for an hour or 2. I also got some frozen mysis to feed him.

Once I put him in the tank I doubt I will be able to get a picture of him. So, I took a picture of him while he is acclimating and I added it to my profile album "pico reef". Check it out! He's so cute! I feel good about this purchase. He appears to be very healthy.

From my experience with previous clown gobies they usually sit right out in the open perched up on a rock. But, my newest one hides all day so... proves me wrong!

You can link your album pictures in here like you can normal pictures :) Makes it easier for us all to view.

I had a look at it.. can't see him too well but excited to see him in your tank!

scottayy said:
From my experience with previous clown gobies they usually sit right out in the open perched up on a rock. But, my newest one hides all day so... proves me wrong!

You can link your album pictures in here like you can normal pictures :) Makes it easier for us all to view.

I had a look at it.. can't see him too well but excited to see him in your tank!

I don't know how to do that. Maybe with my laptop... I'll try.

Brickleberry has been hiding behind a roick for 2 hours. Should I try and put a little food in and see if he comes out or should I just leave him alone?

I put in a little bit of mysis shrimp. Brickleberry was not interested at all. He's still hanging out in the back corner behind a rock. At least he's in a spot where I can sorta see him. I just turned the lights out (an hour early). Hopefully tomorrow he will come out of hiding.

Hey guys. I was looking at Brickleberry... He's got two bumps on his side... If you can check my profile there is a picture of him showing the bumps. I will try and figure out how to link the pictures to my post tomorrow. Thanks for your help! :) I just need to know if I should worry and what I need to be researching.

My fish is still alive today! He's hiding still but at least he's alive! I was nervous he'd die like the last one I got.

My PH has FINALLY shipped! I should get it by Saturday. I'm trying to decide if I should place it higher in the tank or lower. I'd like flow around the bottom, but I'd like more surface movement too. There's an area in the corner behind my rocks and below the filter that seems like a magnet for icky things growing. Ugh... Plus I'm getting tired of the "fuzzy" look of the hair algae... And my husband noticed it too. I must prove I can get rid of it! I have a pouch of carbon... But what can you guys tell me about other options, besides more CUC.... I think I may pick up some more blue leg hermits and another astrea snail.

My power head blows sand all over! I finally have it in a spot where it doesn't blow up my tank haha! I think itd be better higher up! Just my opinion!

What are your nitrate and phosphate levels? More flow and water changes will help

Nitrate was less than 5 before I did an almost 2 gal pwc the other day. I don't have a phosphate test. I think maybe I can see if petco can test it for me. I don't know if they can. I'm wondering if my RODI water from the store is to blame.... Maybe they haven't cleaned the filters in a while? I just want the algae gone.

Well, the nitrate might be less than 5 if the algae is using it all up. It's very possible it's from the water.. do you have a TDS meter?

You definitely can't have algae without nutrients so there's some in there. How often and what are you feeding?

scottayy said:
Well, the nitrate might be less than 5 if the algae is using it all up. It's very possible it's from the water.. do you have a TDS meter?

You definitely can't have algae without nutrients so there's some in there. How often and what are you feeding?

I don't have a TDS meter. I don't have a RODI unit. I get the water from the store. Do I need a TDS meter or just a phosphate testing kit?

I feed a couple of tiny pellets (3-4) every 3 or 4 days so that I know my nassarius snails get something to eat. The pellets are tiny like little seeds. Now that I have a fish I will probably feed him a little bit of mysis shrimp every 3 or 4 days. And do the pellets for the snails once a week.

If there is phosphates can I get a phosphate absorbing pad or something to use instead of carbon?

Back
Top Bottom