Albino Ancistrus Babies from BrianNY!!! (Part 2)(betterpics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's the plan Menagerie :wink: . I'll send the 4 largest with you.

:D Just great Moose. I was able to count 61 fry. The largest are around an inch and a half. They should be closer to two inches when Menagerie comes for them.

Yaaaaa Pictures and everything! :)

I know you've probably said this a million times but can you describe your brocilli do's and don't for pleco's.. I tried some recently and I think my pleco just ignored it.

How long do you keep it in etc.. tips tricks..

Thanks,

Mooooose

These are dwarf albino ancistrus. The max out around 4 inches.

Cut the broccoli stem in chunks larger than the plecos mouth. Microwave for 30 seconds and allow to cool. I leave several pieces in the tank until they are gone, but that's usually within 2 days. If you see fungus on it, remove it and add fresh broccoli stem.

Cool, so you could put one in a 20 gal? I need something to eat algae in my new 20gal x-tall. Where can I find one???

so cut them into coin-like cubes should work then right? do the prefer the inside of the broccoli stem over the outside/skin.. :)

The fry seem to prefer the broccoli more than the adults do. So when Menagerie brings you yours moose, you know what to feed. Just cut big chunks. Don't worry about inside or outside of the stem.

I'm going to have to add another 20 gallon tank and split the fry up. It's gettin crowded in there.

Well it looks like my work is shipping my off to Toronto next week and I might not have internet access (working behind a major firewall) So that should give this thread a little break.. hehe But when I get back on the 14th I would love another update on how everybody is doing.. hehe

Hope you get some sleep.. :)

Oh man I am sooooooo excited! They are the final addition to the tank then I might start looking at planting it up for the occupants!

:band:

Back
Top Bottom