Betta and Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henry1245

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

I have a male betta and was wondering if this is safe with Tetras (if so which tetras are most suitable?)

Also how many is the minimum number of tetras required for them to school (i was thinking of 4 or 5)

Thanks!
H.

Ah, what tetra's are the smallest (will the betta not just eat them?)

Is a 90L so approx 24 US gallons...

Thats great, thanks Rich!

I don't supopse you have any idea which shrimp would be safe with those two?

is there anything else I can use to help keep the tank clean?

The only place that the tank will fit is near to a window so from 5pm it gets hit by a bit of direct sunlight and algae is a bit of a problem.

I find myself doing 2 x 25% PWCs a week even though the water parameters are fine, as my lazy pleco doesn't eat any of it anymore (the LFS sold me a common pleco so i'll have to get rid of him eventually as he'll get too big - something they neglected to tell me at the time!)

Any ideas? i was thinking of shrimp or an army of snails...

Larger shrimp should be okay. I have one betta with ghost, and another with amanos. They seem to be large enough to ward off any attack. Some RCS I had were gone within a week though...

I have Ember tetras with my betta and they are fine, and I also have Cherry Shrimp, small Cherry shrimp won't last long imo but fully grown seems fine at the moment!

Though one note: I did have 1 Ember Tetras die which I think was Bruno - my Betta (tetras head seemed to be missing) but the Ember only had one eye so did not see him coming (my guess). Other Embers are fine with Bruno though.

Last edited:
the Rams are only about 1.5" at the mo and only fight with each other... however they do like their live food!

Back
Top Bottom