Bottom dwellers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danielfishlover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i have a 26g tank and i want some bottom feeder fish that will clean up. I want sometging that stays fairly small and is quite hardy. Any suggestions?

Cories come to mind, that being said, no fish really cleans up, they still need to be fed. Shrimp are a little better on bioload, Malaysian trumpet snails will work too

Panda cories are adorable and a bit smaller than regular cories. They're good at eating leftover food that others haven't eaten. They will constantly monitor the substrate to see what's been left over. Snails are better for dead plant matter and algae. Shrimp are better filter cleaners, from what I understand. (I just got a few today, I've never tried them before.)

Pygmy Corys are about as small as they come. Anything you get should still be fed a dedicated diet though. Don't let anything live on leftovers.

Malaysian Trumpet Snails are great unfortunately they are the rabbits of the snail world and have one up on pond snails because they are live bearers so there are no eggs to see & destroy

Back
Top Bottom