Cory Fry HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pipedreamer86

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I posted a few weeks ago that I had cory eggs, and i took them out of my main 150g tank in put them in my "qt" tank. Its a 10 gal with 2 mystery snails. Weeks past and I ddint notice anything on inspection, but today out of nowhere I see two little buggers scooting around about an 1/8 an inch in size. there may be more, but they are definitely little corys! I crushed some flakes with my fingers and added them along with some softened peas, but I am wondering if there is any hope for the little buggers. what can I do to help them survive??? i would LOVE to be able to have at least two cories in my showcase tank I can say I reared myself! Any advice would be amazing!

Your really lucky! I think your doing the right thing by giving them food they are capable of eating. You've obviously been doing something right or you wouldn't have the little buggers! Post pic's when they get big enough to see... lol!

After looking into the tank more i have seen at least 5-6 little guys scooting around! I am so excited! I hope the food is small enough for them to eat! they are varying sizes. they are the results of spawning between an emerald and albino cory. I am interested to see what they look like assuming i am successful in growing them out!

My cories spawn regularly, but they do it on tank glass so free sushi for other fish.

What did your cories spawn on?

On tank glass and plant leaves. I just happened to get to it soon enough on the glass. The plant leaves were gobbled up almost completely before i noticed them

Bigzmey said:
How did you move it form the glass?

You can use your fingers to, they are susceptible to fungus so trying to get as many eggs as you can in there own. Because once a cluster gets fungus they are all infected, from what I've read. Keeping a bubbler in the tank they are in is also supposed to be good.

Hikari makes First Bites food for babies, comes in a bright green zip bag/pouch. Also I have heard from a guy who raises the Albino Cories, and he uses a TetraMin product for fry, can't say exact name. Yellow plastic jar, red twist off top and writing on the label.

How exciting, I hope they thrive! I would think tiny amounts several times a day.

Following and waiting for some pics, too!

Update!!! They are getting some size on them, not sure if its a slow pace or a decent one' they are still hard to pick up with the camera but this was a decent shot.

ForumRunner_20121211_180433.jpg

Dont hate on the silly ornaments this is an older tank that once housed a betta and has since become mostly a quaratine house and a mystery snail tank. There seems to be about 5-6 guys that are really thriving!

Another cool think is that in person you can clearly see the emerald markings of an emerald cory. May nit be the prettiest of the cories but they are still my babies! Lol and as there mother is an albino, they are all carrying the albino recessive gene.

And for anyone who ever winds up with surprise cory babies I have gotten this far on a diet of shrimp pellet food for bottom feeders and algae wafers that i grind up into dust with the back of a spoon and drop into the tank. They eat them all as greedily as their adult counterparts!

I have about 10 cories of different species since aug/sept it qas the end of nov i saw the spawning and eggs. I know they have spawned several times but with my work schedule i only caught one brood of eggs before the community had cavier.

So i figured out the secretbto breeding corys everyone.. PEAS!! Hahaha! But seriously since the first day i saw them spawnimg and was able to rescue the eggs i have caught them at it 3 times since. Each time was the morning after having fed them peas the night before. Who knew peas were such an aphrodisiac?? My theory held true this morning, after feeding peas last night, i turn on the lights this morning and they are going at it! I wont get home in time to rescue the eggs, but its still cool to know its going on.

Back
Top Bottom