Cory Fry HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got a email for the post, it wasn't me, my computer has been acting strange with some things coming in way slow. OMG they are so little and cute! And as for peas, they seem to lets say "stimulate" alot of my fish. You should see 25 cory's going for peas in the 220g. In fact all but my Threadfin rainbowfish love them.

The rest of my fish didnt go for them at first, but now they are really starting to go after them too. I am really happy with the cories, im wondering how big i should let them get before i move them over. The are about the length of the tip of a shapened pencil at the moment. The only fish im worried about messing with them is the rainbow. He is a voracious eater.

So with feeding peas, how do you go about it? Just squish them? Also, does it matter if they are from a can or frozen?

I want to try breeding my peppered corys.

How do you prep your peas just raw? Canned peas work, lol?

I use frozen. I dont know that canned are bad, someone else might. I just dont use canned because i know there is salt and stuff added. I just put some in a cup with water, microwave them till they thaw and soften, and squeeze them one by one out of the shell into the tank. Its rather tedious but i enjoy watching the tank. Someone else may have an easier way.

Canned peas aren't good for the reasons stated. You can use fresh or frozen. I too microwave mine for a few minutes and let them sit and soften more, deshell them, then I actually squish them to make eating them easier for everyone.

I take a dozen or so frozen peas, add half cap of drinking water and microwave for 30 sec. Cool them with cold water, deshell and squish with fingers so they look like pancakes.

I take a dozen or so frozen peas, add half cap of drinking water and microwave for 30 sec. Cool them with cold water, deshell and squish with fingers so they look like pancakes.

I'm going to introduce my crew to peas tonight:) would neons eat peas?

You should if u can separate the eggs into a separate tank with a air diffuser and add some methane blue anti fugal treatment that what my mate does he breeds his corys like that he has given me about 30 corys over time as he likes to add different batch of corys into his breeding group to keep the gene pool different so he deos not get inbred deformities but the corys his given me haven't bred at all !!

No they just don't like them, been getting them about 3x a week for a year and they just aren't their food of choice. Some fish take time before eating them but I've always had good luck with all my fish eating pea's. Been feeding them since the 80's.

ForumRunner_20121221_004531.jpg

ForumRunner_20121221_004531.jpg

ForumRunner_20121221_004544.jpg

ForumRunner_20121221_004602.jpg

ForumRunner_20121221_004612.jpg

More pics of the babies, doin great!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121221_004509.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121221_004509.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 45
They are just too darn cute! I'd probably never know if mine laid eggs unless they were nice enough to do it in the front of the tank :(

My mollies love peas and like you said, it's almost an aphrodisiac seeming, because after they get peas they just go at it like crazy lol!

Of course they do that anyways, but the peas seem to help... Maybe it the small sugar rush they get lol

Pipedreamer what kind of corys are they? They look like red sailfin aenus. I really like the light reddish color of your young ones. It'll be interesting to see if they keep it.

I use my drivers license to remove the eggs from the glass. I haven't had much luck with them hatching. (they started laying eggs in late October) and right now I have 1 baby about 1/2 inch long.. I wish more would hatch maybe the next batch. Mine are laying eggs every 2 weeks.

Pipedreamer what kind of corys are they? They look like red sailfin aenus. I really like the light reddish color of your young ones. It'll be interesting to see if they keep it.

Well the father is just a simple emerald cory, the mother is an albino, thats all they listed her as at the store, as if albino is a species, not a genetic mutation. I noticed tje red tint as well, and wondered if it was something picked up from the mother. I wad unaware though that different species of cory woild interbreed.

Back
Top Bottom