Eggy's fish and tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cold water changes with soft water :whistle: You can buy RO water from walmart! It's how we got our ram eggs to survive :lol:

Oh Bren if you like cories you have to try aspidoras at some point. If cories are like little puppies aspidoras are like the psycho little dogs that endlessly run in circles, they're so active and gregarious and awesome. Also they've bred for me so they're in good standing ;)

Cold water changes with soft water :whistle: You can buy RO water from walmart! It's how we got our ram eggs to survive :lol:

Sini if that were the ticket I would be swimming in eggs! I've been doing cool water changes with distilled water (my walmart doesn't have RO) and nothing....altered my strategy in as many was as I can think. And these guys get a good varied diet. I don't want to pump too much more DI until I get my tds meter.

Yes got IAL in the tank. I was at a point where I was drowning them in live blackworms, 80% WC a day...nothing.
I've tried slowly and rapidly lowering water level, slowly and rapidly raising water level, drip methods, different time frames of dropping temp, lighting schedules, overfeeding, under feeding in all manner of degrees. I mean as far as my knowledge goes I've hit them with the kitchen sink.

That's why I'm so frustrated. Maybe the tds meter will give me some insight into my water params. They could be insane for all I know and the DI and IAL could have barely made a dent. That's what I'm hoping cause I can work with that.

That's why I'm so frustrated. Maybe the tds meter will give me some insight into my water params. They could be insane for all I know and the DI and IAL could have barely made a dent. That's what I'm hoping cause I can work with that.
I'm going to make a point to test before and after IAL water to see if I'm just wasting leaves. I'll post my findings on my thread.

Brenna

Yes...gone back to normal feedings (daily or every other day) alternating frozen and pellet foods and weekly 50% WC with no noticeable temp difference (thought that giving up might lead to success lol). Nada. I have bred cories successfully using that no method method but the rabauti are wild caught so I think they're just being more stubborn.

You may be surprised how much straight ro or distilled can used in breeding....
I am 100% ro on my breeding tanks with remineralsing only a little some of the time.
It honestly seems when I let the tds rise then eggs don't get fertalised.

I am no cory expert but if a fish is going to spawn then they will.
The parameters of water often only effect the egg before fertilizing from my learnings with the GBR.
The temp swing is commonly known to work with cories.
Try to emulate the dry/ flood season by pulling 10% water daily but only refill every fourth or fifth day.

You may be surprised how much straight ro or distilled can used in breeding....

I am 100% ro on my breeding tanks with remineralsing only a little some of the time.

It honestly seems when I let the tds rise then eggs don't get fertalised.

I am no cory expert but if a fish is going to spawn then they will.

The parameters of water often only effect the egg before fertilizing from my learnings with the GBR.

The temp swing is commonly known to work with cories.

Try to emulate the dry/ flood season by pulling 10% water daily but only refill every fourth or fifth day.

Thanks cb. I have done slow drains...when I say slowly and rapidly lowering and raising water levels I mean I've done like 3-5 gallon reductions per day over a few days and then filled er up, the opposite (big pull and slow fill), basically all combos I could think of to try to emulate rainy season...no dice as of yet. I may have more questions once I know what my tds are ;)

Little aspi fry that survived hatching and growing in the main tank:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452744728.686838.jpg

Multis are switching up the tank...keeping my fingers crossed for babies.
Also saw c weitzmani on the auction list for tomorrow yay!

We shall see.
Got my tds meter today. 380 with no buffers and 280 in my joke of a breeding tank lol

Back
Top Bottom