Overstocked 29gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hey

i want to know if i am over stocked and if this will work

1 Koi Angelfish 2 1/2"-3"
1 adult lyretail molly
2 solid black mollies
2 Oto Cats
5 Cory Cats
1 Pleco 3 1/2-4"

and my mom really loves these and i want to know if i can add them without any trouble

4 Neon Tetras

well my mom really loves those neon tetras

and i want to know if i can get them you know the details of my tanks Devlishturtles

It's common knowledge (or so I thought) that neons are the natural prey of angels. So, the answer is no, it's not a good idea for them. The other issue is you are at the limit for the 29 gal as it is. Good idea to wait until you get your 55 going, then make your changes.

well JC as you and just about everyone else knows that the 55 gal is going to be a cichlids tank

check the other forum for details

You have a fully stocked 29g tank. You want to add more fish to this tank but, isn't the 29 the one you are gonna make into a sw tank? And then the 55 will be an aggressive tank. Where are these fish gonna go? Or did your plans change? Also, Jc is right. Neons may not fare to well in a tank with an angelfish.

ok thanks fluff

i told you what i have

1 10 gal
2 2.5 gal's

after the angel is in the 10 gal(he is still small) i will make my wanted and needed SW tank

I'm sorry Rudy but I don't think you've really thought this through. You recently bought the angel knowing full well you were tearing down the 29gal. Now he's gonna have to stay in a ten gallon tank. Sure he's small but angels grow very fast. I know this because I have 15 angels of my own. Also, you do realize your lyretailed mollies can reach 5" themselves and will need a much bigger tank. Your other mollies are gonna get large too. Around 4". Please keep this in mind. I know when the time comes, you will make the right decision.

Then what will you do with the angel? Won't be too long before it outgrows a 10 gallon tank. :?

ok guys, i think i killed the limit on my 29 gal

i just got a blue gourami today :? is that killer for the bio?

Rudy, what's the since in asking for our help if you are just going to turn your back and ignore it. Please stop wasting everyone's time, and taking away from the people who actually need help, and aren't just playing around.

I feel sorry for that fish when he gets crammed into a 2.5 gallon tank with 6 other fish.

Devilish is not trying to be mean, some of the things you post get me and many others here a little annoyed.

That's 25 fish in a 29 gal, not including the Ghost shrimp (which really don't count towards the bio-load). That is completly over stocked given the species that are being kept in the tank. The fry may be small, but they will grow to adults.

those poor fish..... you may have to do water changes every day to keep ammonia down, or get some emergency extra backup filters.

And you were already past the limit, ask the LFS store if you can take back a bunch of the fish. At least the angelfish, pleco and all of the mollies except the fry.

A severe case of MTS arising.

Rudy. Do some begging and pleading get a 75 gal for cichlids and put the 29 gal contents into the 55 gal get Cardinal tetras instead of neons. I had a big school with 5 Angels ad not one got eaten............ :p

I've heard that with good upkeep it's acceptable to overstock your tank? For instance, I have a 29 gallon, live plants, 2 lights, currently have:

7 cory's
1 cardinal tetra (long story)
3 sissortail tetras
1 pregnant platy
1 clown loach(for snail disposal)
1 pleco

Am going to add more fish. My levels are all good. Any info you may have would be appreciated.

e burna? don't get anymorefish unless you get another tank or you trade some fish in. the clown loach is going to get way to big anyway and the clown loach won't live as long without schooling companions. the pleco also produces alot of waste and you will also have to give it back when it grows. so you might as well get a new bigger tank and have a school of clown loach with a pleco in it anyway. that way you won't have to give back the clown loach or pleco.

well i am getting a 10 gal tomorrow and i am gonna let that cycle and i just updated my profile

i forgot to do that for a while so it is minus 1 fish that there were, i did have 2 lyretail mollies, the female was being tortured by the male and she died and today my black female molly died because she had dropsy the pleco is moving into the 55 gal that i am getting and i am going to buy a 29 gal with the money from my job, and then i am going to sav up more money and purchase me at the most i might get a 150 gal, at the least it will be 90 gal, anywhere inbetween there i will fine with so i have it planned out, every saturday i will be getting $80/day and i will only work saturdays, so in 2 weeks i can get another 29 gal, and then in another like a month at least i will be able to get the 90 to 150 gal tank that i want

so what do you recommend, the 90 gal 150 gal, what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom