Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aqua hobbyist said:
I've been running the tank for about two weeks with some feeder fish, when I'm done cycling, I'm feeding my feeder fish to my turtles.:)

Didn't you have fish in the tank then they died except the cory and the pleco?

I'm having a very hard time getting this story straight. We can't help if we have no idea what is going on in your tank. It keeps changing. The tank changed, the fish changed, first it WAS cycled, now its CyclING.

A little clarity would help immensely.

So, the tank only has feeders right now, correct? When did you put them in? Unless you want to feed sickly fish to your turtles, I suggest 40% DAILY water changes, with Prime treated water. Also, I'm not going to shut up about a test kit. every time you trouble shoot on this website, people will want to know your parameters first and foremost. Its very important! I think I've said all I can, I wish you the best. Good luck

I'm getting a water parameters test kit soon, tank you for your understanding

To everybody whose reading this, this is the what the current situation of the tank is, it's not already cycled, no water test kit, platy and Molly fry(will give them away soon), 10 gallons, want to give away all my fish and restock

1 dwarf gourami
3 panda cories
10-15 ghost shrimp

But what about the feeder fish and cycling? Do you plan on cycling the tank before getting your cories, DG, and ghost shrimp? That is probably in your best interest. Here is what I think you should do. Get rid of all of the fish currently in the tank. Then, get a test kit and cycle your tank. I don't care how, but make sure it is cycled and ready to go before you start stocking it. Once it's cycled, slowly start adding fish from your stock list. I would also highly recommend having live plants, you can have them in the tank even if your tank isn't cycled. What is the color temp. of the bulb. It looks pretty warm. It will be on the bulb, package, or both with a K at the end of the number. It should be close to 6,700 if you plan on having plants. We can talk about plants later if you want too.

I was planning to get anubias and java mosses, the light bulb is only 15 watts.

Does Petsmart or Petco trade fish, I'm thinking about trading fry for some ghost shrimp

Last edited by a moderator:
aqua hobbyist said:
Does Petsmart or Petco trade fish, I'm thinking about trading fry for some ghost shrimp

Most big box stores won't trade fish you need to go to a mom and pop store for that.

Will anubias and java moss do well in 15 watts without ferts and co2?!?!

Ya, chain stores usually won't trade/buy. I wasn't asking for watts, color temp. Is it a flourescent tube?

Is it incandescent? Because those do almost nothing when it comes to plants. They say 15 watts of flourescent light. I would highly recommend flourish (I use it with a 15 watt tube) but you could probably get away without.

Option 1:

2 dwarf gourami
1 bushy nose pleco

option 2:

1 dwarf gourami
3 panda cories
10-15 ghost shrimp

So the final is 1 dearf gourami, 3 panda cories, and 8 shrimp!!! Could I take out the ghost shrimp and add a brittle nose pleco??

The shrimp will breed but since they go through a larval stage its very hard to raise them. If you did any other kind of shrimp then you'd be fine.

aqua hobbyist said:
So the final is 1 dearf gourami, 3 panda cories, and 8 shrimp!!! Could I take out the ghost shrimp and add a brittle nose pleco??

No a bn pleco is too large for a ten gallon.

Back
Top Bottom