Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't you say you had an empty tank? I would say 2 more cories and it doesn't really matter how many shrimp. I would say you should have about ten. Do you still have the pleco? Petsmart will not do trades. They are under a contract.

I'm giving them to my cousins, what if I just had my water tested at my lfs?

aqua hobbyist said:
I'm giving them to my cousins, what if I just had my water tested at my lfs?

You need a test kit of your own so you can test it on a daily basis if need be and whenever you need to. Plus some lfs use test strips which are crap imo. You need a liquid master test kit.

Would I need to replace the test kit, I would run out easily and need to buy them often! Are there any that don't need to be replaced?

aqua hobbyist said:
Would I need to replace the test kit, I would run out easily and need to buy them often! Are there any that don't need to be replaced?

Uhh no.. it takes a while to use up a whole test kit. I don't see how one could not need replacing at some point.

aqua hobbyist said:

If you buy the API test kit off of Amazon.com its only like $16 and includes 800 tests I believe. IMO that's the best way to go

I have had my API test kit for over 6 months now and haven't had to replace anything. I usually test on a weekly basis, and my 5 yr old little bro decided to squirt half the bottle of high range ph test in the fry tank (resulted in a late night of water changes and 3 fry deaths, but I still haven't run out).

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but on here you have started several threads on several tanks (some of which you don't even actually have)

My suggestion to you, is try not to do too much. You should focus on learning about the hobby for now. I don't think I'd suggest any new additions until you understand a little more about the hobby.

First things first. You will NEED a test kit. Your very own. Even if your water is good and stable, a test kit will help you "witness" a nitrogen cycle as it occurs. That in itself is quite an amazing learning experience.

Next, I encourage you to do your own research. Google is wonderful and is there for a reason. We can tell you a few things, sure, but it helps to be proactive and learn for yourself. On here we can say oh you're doing this right or wrong, but you wont get ALL the facts from us.

Another suggestion, take anything you read online with a grain of salt. Double check things. Triple check things. THEN come ask us on here.

It doesn't sound like you know what you want. I encourage you to go to YouTube, watch some 10 gallon tank videos, find stuff you like, and RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH !! There is a WEALTH of information online, and its always there for you.

Best!

Would this be okay to stock a ten gallon??

2 dwarf gouramis
2-3 cories( albino/pandas)

I would stick with only 1 dwarf gourami (they can get pretty territorial and that's no fun). If you are going to do cories, do pandas. They are smaller.

How many panda cories should I add, I already have 1 albino cory

Would I be able to squeeze in some ghost shrimp, if yes, how many?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I would find a new home for that albino cory, and then add 3 pandas. But if you keep the albino, then he should have one more albino with him (preferably more, but that's probably the best in such a small tank). Ghost shrimp have a very small bio-load so your best bet is around 10-15. Make sure your tank is cycled before we worry about stocking though.

I've been running the tank for about two weeks with some feeder fish, when I'm done cycling, I'm feeding my feeder fish to my turtles.:)

aqua hobbyist said:
I've been running the tank for about two weeks with some feeder fish, when I'm done cycling, I'm feeding my feeder fish to my turtles.:)

^^^ THIS. This is why you need a test kit. You will have no way at all of knowing when your cycle is done.

Back
Top Bottom