Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not thinking about vreedinf ghost shrimps because I have enough, here's the thing, I already have a bn pleco, with no other tank(parents let me get another one:(), but I'm still going with the plan...

I'm probably going to get the fish I chose and keep the bn pleco, when the pleco starts growing massive, it will probably pressure my parents into getting a bigger tank!:)

BN plecos are one of the only plecos that don't get massive, so your plan might not work. You should turn it into an LFS.

Maxw47 said:
Hmmm, is this the same tank that had four mollies, a BN pleco, a cory, and a few platy fry in it just a few hours ago? Anyways, what is your ph, gh, and kh? Knowing those will help in deciding good fish. Some all around good beginner fish for a ten gallon would be guppies, platies, neon tetras, betta, some species of rasbora, dwarf gourami, etc. There are tons! I would recommend maybe a small school of neon tetras and some RCS. I would also highly recommend live plants. Good luck!

No neons
They are too active
The fish all need at least a 30 gal for them to be kept together

aqua hobbyist said:
What if a remove the panda cories?

No Bns need a twenty or larger
Go with lots of ghosts as they are bear impossible to breed

For how long, can I leave the plants in from that were already in there?

It can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months, but usually not anywhere near the 2 week end (my first tank only took two weeks, but I used seeded filter media, gravel, and a bunch of other things to speed it up.

After cycling should I buy 8 ghost shrimp together or in groups, I heard to buy them at the same time but that will be too much for the filter!

aqua hobbyist said:
After cycling should I buy 8 ghost shrimp together or in groups, I heard to buy them at the same time but that will be too much for the filter!

If you do a fishless cycle you will be ok adding more than a couple fish at a time, but I'm not sure exactly how many

aqua hobbyist said:
What do you mean by spacing your additions?

Well if you do a fish in cycle your bio filter will only be big enough for that fish, therefore you would have to give your Bio filter a few weeks between each (small) addition in order to catch up. With fishless, you dose ammonia up to 4ppm, meaning your Bio filter will be bigger than any amount of ammonia that your fish will produce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom