what the heck is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DARK Jak

Aquarium Advice Freak
alright ill give it to you strait i was fishing yah i know :roll:
well i was in a river in ohio and i caught this fish that was almost a foot long it was the wierdest fish i have ever seen it had bumps in front of its eyes (tons of them) and at about the middle part of its dorsal fin it had a spike on both sides of it like this <ll>
its colors were whitish silver on its bely and brown with spots of gold on its back. if anyone has aannnyy idea what this is i would be very glad to find out
TIA
-DARK

it was probably a sturgeon. they are a rare endangered fish. it looked alot like dinosour right? almost like a pleco? go on google and look up a sturgeon. hope i am right

your description sounded like a shovelnose sturgeon, i couldn't find any decent pics, but it may be a place to start looking.

sry guys i know it wasnt a sturgeon but the last pic looked almost like it but i could see know bumps on its nose and so you know it had only one spike on eather side of the dorsal fin. :oops:

A sculpin? They're pretty bumpy and spikey. We have them around here in cold water bodies, don't know about Ohio though and I've never seen them a foot long.

the coloring on the bowfin is almost exactly the same as what i saw just a little more silver on its belly but no its nostrles were present in front of the bumps but so you know there were (im guessing) about 30 bumps.
sorry but none of the fish on the link were what i saw but it was hard to tell because most of the fish were fry.
thanks

Back
Top Bottom