Will Petsmart...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
Take live fish back if you bought them from there and don't want them anymore. Cuz I was thinkin of bringing back my black skirt tetras cuz as much as I like them I can't keep them in a sufficiant school, and they're constantly nipping at each other because of it. Just curious if they'll take em or not o.o

as long as it's within 14 days I think so. I'd just call them and ask. There also might be someone working there who would take them off your hands for you.

Are they within the 14 day period and do you have your receipt? I took some fish back last night do to compatibility issues that I had with them. I purchased them on Monday and they were not getting along with my other fish so I took them back and got something else. I had no problem at all. I figured if they took dead ones back they should take a couple of live ones and they did.

X.x I've had them for a month or two... I forgot about that warentee thing

but they're constantly nipping at one another, I'm trying to plan out the division of my tank for when I get my new one and I'm over as it is, but I don't think it's fair of me to keep them when I already am overcrowded and can't get them another one to make a small school of fish

I'd still call them and just ask if anyone is interested in taking them. You won't get any money out of the deal, but they will go to someone who will take care of them

If petsmart won't take them try a smaller local fish store. They will usually take fish back if the fish are in excellent shape....they may not give you credit for them but they will usually take them. Also petsmarts usually have a bulletin board outside for people to post notes.....You could advertise them as free to a good tank :p

Thanks talloulou ^^ I'll try that too. I don't need store credit really, they weren't that expensive, I just want them to maybe go to a better home than I can provide. Plus it'll leave me 4" of fish less X.x

I just emailed petsmart store help to see if they could give me a general idea of what I could do:

I have 2 black skirt tetras that I've had beyond the warentee, about a month or two, but being that I really didn't have room for the 2 and was new to the whole "fishtank hobby" they're nipping at each other because they're in an improper school and I haven't the space for another. I was wondering if I could return the fish, I don't need a store credit for it, with hopes maybe they could be bought and put into a more sufficient tank of someone elses so they'll be happier.

Signed,

A Hopeful Caregiver (Aka Heather)

Hopefully I get a reply...Yes... that is meh name X3
I didn't feel like waiting an hour or hour and half to call petsmart when I can just ask the big head honcho of all petsmarts lol

I think I might've just found a way to keep my black skirts now X.x *zips to my other post about my division of fish*

My Petsmart won't take any fish b/c they don't know where they came from and don't want to infect their system. But the non-chain lfs have always been willing to take fish when I needed to get rid of some. Store credit is a possibility, but don't expect much! :)

I think I'll keep em cuz I just figured out a way for my tanks to be SLIGHTLY overstocked on both their parts when I get the 20 gal but it's better than most my fish being stuffed in the 10 gal...

But that's true, I didn't expect petsmart too but my other lfs is converting to reptiles mainly so they have like no fish anymore, and if I saw if my other lfs would take them I'd be commiting murder to my fish 8O

Puriti you need more tanks.....You need to start waking up early on Sat & Sun and hitting your local garage sales :lol:

@___@ nuuuu! lol

My mom seriously has this big problem with me having another tank though, I don't know why but she does. I finally started raising my voice, litterally, at her because I NEED another tank. When I get my license(due to i failed it wednesday) I will attempt to get up at 5 am to find all the good garage sales :lol: then go to everyone and find a new tank XP

Maybe your mom just doesn't want a house full of tanks. Maybe you could talk her into a compromise situation where you get rid of the little tanks and get just one big one! A nice big tank is really like a great piece of decorative furniture. It could be the highlight of the living room. And really keep your eye on the newspaper for ads. You'd be surprised what good deals you can find on some bigger tanks.

Raising your voice at mom won't work.......Trust me I'm a mom and when my kids raise their voices at me that cuts off all and any discussion and there's not a chance in hell I'd buy them anything cause they yelled for it. But maybe I'm just mean that way. :twisted:

Well raising my voice at my mom worked lol I couldn't convince her without STRESSING how much i needed another one. She doesn't like the whole taking care of fish thing, she's only letting me keep mine because i'm paying for it X3

My mom refuses to pay for anything for my fish.

Puriti said:
Well raising my voice at my mom worked lol I couldn't convince her without STRESSING how much i needed another one. She doesn't like the whole taking care of fish thing, she's only letting me keep mine because i'm paying for it X3

My mom refuses to pay for anything for my fish.

Oh could you buy me another tank too while you're at it? :D .

Back
Top Bottom