Amphibians or reptiles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KPhilly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 29 gallon, brand new tank I was thinking about setting up for an amphibian or reptile. I would like to keep multiple organisms of the same species in it. I want it to be mostly natural too. Any ideas on where to start?

Well, you could keep an axolotl in there. I'm not sure about multiple... They are cold water, you can feed them earthworms/ nightcrawlers as a staple, or salmon pellets. I really like the leucistic coloring.

Posion dart frogs, gekos and anoles come to mind.

Just saw this thread so I thought is contribute. Dart frogs are not easy and not for a beginner. You also cannot mix species or morphs. Some good beginner ones are leopard geckos, whites tree frogs, crested geckos, or anoles.

Hey y'all, just now saw your replies! It's a hard decision really. How many Anoles can go in the one 29 gallon?

I'll check out one of those! Also, I'm all for a natural habitat. Any ideas on how to setup live plants?

Actually crested geckos need 30 inches tall in order to keep an adult, they get to be 8-9 inches, and that would be about three times it's length when in reality they need something at least four times their length to climb up

Back
Top Bottom