Amphibians or reptiles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
according to Pangea (very knowledgable) 3 adults could be housed in a 29

Well, sorry to say that is not a very good source, and the gallons don't matter, you can have a 30"l by 18" width by 12" height and that would be a bad set up for the gecko, and another thing, it is 20 gallons for one and 10 gallons per extra one, height is more important that lengthy here, so it's better to get a special tall reptile terrarium or get at least a 20 gallon long for these guys and Stand it up for a single specimen, a 29 gallon stood up would be good for 2 adult specimens and so on

Well, sorry to say that is not a very good source, and the gallons don't matter, you can have a 30"l by 18" width by 12" height and that would be a bad set up for the gecko, and another thing, it is 20 gallons for one and 10 gallons per extra one, height is more important that lengthy here, so it's better to get a special tall reptile terrarium or get at least a 20 gallon long for these guys and Stand it up for a single specimen, a 29 gallon stood up would be good for 2 adult specimens and so on
I know gallons don't matter, they are talking the dimensions of the tank. I personally know many many breeders of all reptiles and I don't think a single one would disagree with that. Also with almost all arboreal species in captivity length is more important that height.

Last edited:
Actually that is incorrect, arboreal means that the animals move up and down in the tank, and they do rest sideways, that is why a 12 inch width by a 18 inch length Is ideal for them with the addition of bend a branch or other decorations like that, but most of their movement will diagonal or up and down, so height is the most important

Arboreal means that they live above the ground, I'm not arguing that height isn't important but have length is better than having a skinny tall cage. A 29 is perfect. So I would recommend cresties, unless you are confusing cresties with leachies you should check your info. Even a leachie would be fine in a 29z To the op I would totally check out crested geckos they can be lots of fun and are very personal-able this is why they have gained quite a bit of popularity, but if your interested in snakes pm that's my area of expertise!

Yes, arboreal means from a tree, but trees are tall, not long, a 29 gallon flipped on its side would be ideal, but normally put would be a bit too short

I wish I could get snakes but I was instructed on no snakes or tarantulas! Broke my heart really. Haha! I'm at lizards, frogs, newts and whatever else that hasn't come to mind yet! I know for a fact I want a translucent beardie and a chameleon! The ones the sell at Petsmarts. I believe it's a Pygmy.

I wish I could get snakes but I was instructed on no snakes or tarantulas! Broke my heart really. Haha! I'm at lizards, frogs, newts and whatever else that hasn't come to mind yet! I know for a fact I want a translucent beardie and a chameleon! The ones the sell at Petsmarts. I believe it's a Pygmy.

Wait, you're not saying you want different species of reptiles and amphibians in the SAME tank, are you? You can't mix reptiles like you can fish.

Come on look at this beauty...

image-1794497258.jpg

While I have your attention, how do you have your tanks setup? Do I need to build shelves or can I buy racks for them?

Back
Top Bottom