5.5 Gallon Photo Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purrbox

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been tanking pics periodically of my 5 Gallon as it has progressed and thought that I share them.

Tank has cycled and just been planted.

Attachments

• fulltank_858.jpg
    fulltank_858.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1,655
Two weeks after planting.

Attachments

• fulltank_2weeks.jpg
    fulltank_2weeks.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 992
Four months after planting.

Attachments

• fulltank_4months.jpg
    fulltank_4months.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 887
Nice tank Purrbox. How much light are you using?

It's a self ballasted 10 watt compact flourescent. Inexpensive and readily available at Walmart.

That is one beautiful planted tank. Is that the Regent 5g hex tank? What filter media are you using? What is the tall plant in the back or the tank? :D

Actually it's the Aquatech 5 Gallon Hex available at some Walmarts, which is basically a less expensive version of the Eclipse 5 Gallon Hex. For filtration I pulled the pad and biowheel that it came with, and replaced them with some Polyfiber cut to fit.

In the first couple of pics, the plant in back is Green Hedge which I later found out wasn't a true aquatic. In the later pics it's been replaced with Sagittaria (regular variety, not dwarf).

Glad you enjoyed!

And here's the 7 month update!

Attachments

• fulltank_7months.jpg
    fulltank_7months.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 671
And a close up of one of the Pygmy Cories that actually sat still long enough for a pic!!!

Here's the 10 Month Update. As you may have noticed the look has changed quite a bit. :lol: I've just finished upgrading the tank to a 5.5 Gallon Standard with 36 Watts of Compact Flourescent lighting. I needed more room for all those wonderful plants in my 2.5 Gallon Standard!

Attachments

• 10months_full_161.jpg
    10months_full_161.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 489
Back
Top Bottom