plant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pantherspawn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, I've had my planted tank set up for just about a week. No fish yet. I've read to wait for signs of growth before adding fish, where I do have signs of growth, the plants look far from healthy. How much die off is expected after transplant and how long before plants show turn around? Right now I have anacharis, wisteria, baby tears, three varieties of anubais, tiger crypt, regular crypt. Moneywart and corkscrew val. 55 gallon with eco complete. 130 watts. 10,000k all of the plants show damaged leaves and the corkscrew is basically melting. The anacharis is dark on bottom but shows great growth up top. All the anubais are decent but have signs of damaged leaf tips. But being slow growers, I expect it to be slow going for health. Also, with mopani wood having tannins in the water, does that change lighting needs?

I think that you have enough light for those plants and they take time to adjust. Are you adding any ferts or additives to the tank?

I added leaf zone the first day but was advised by a few not to add any ferts for the first month. So I haven't added anything since. Not sure if it means anything but I have a load of pond snails in the tank as well.

At this point I would do nothing but wait and see, except I would put in some root tabs for the rooted plants.

I agree.

Those baby tears may not do well without CO2 though. They are pretty demanding.

Any specific kind of root tabs? I plan on buying dry ferts online. But hhavent gotten them yet.

Plants have shown good signs of growth. Have had to remove alot of dead stems as well though. Mostly the anacharis and corkscrew val. For some reason the VAL hates me. Put in some root tabs today and am going to dose small amounts of flourish and excel starting next week.

Back
Top Bottom