Planted beginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phishkeeper23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just starting to get back in the hobby from my childhood. I have a 37 gallon tank that I would like to get going. I would like it to be a planted tank with the following:
5x Serpae Tetra
4x Tiger Barb
4x Albino Tiger Barb
4x Green Tiger Barb
5x Kuhli Loach
1x Nerite Snail
1x Mystery Snail

Any thoughts or suggestions? I am a newbie at the stuff so any info is helpful :thanks:

I would like it to have that grassy look I'm not sure what that pla t is though

I'm unsure where the hood part of my tank is, so I was going to use clamp on light fixtures. I am not sure what type of bulbs to use. I'm thinking about dwarf sag and maybe some dwarf baby tears for the bottom, not sure what else to put with them though. my budget is fairly flexible i'd like to spend less than 100 on lights/fixture.

I'm unsure where the hood part of my tank is, so I was going to use clamp on light fixtures. I am not sure what type of bulbs to use. I'm thinking about dwarf sag and maybe some dwarf baby tears for the bottom, not sure what else to put with them though. my budget is fairly flexible i'd like to spend less than 100 on lights/fixture.

Dwarf baby tears require higher lights, a minimum of T5HO would do it. Twin bulbs around 6700-10,000k would support baby tears, depending on the depth of the tank. The deeper the tank the harder it is for light to penetrate to the bottom.

Dwarf baby tears require higher lights, a minimum of T5HO would do it. Twin bulbs around 6700-10,000k would support baby tears, depending on the depth of the tank. The deeper the tank the harder it is for light to penetrate to the bottom.

Excellent thanks, now for some DIY fixture inspiration lol.

You can get a Finnex Planted+ LED fixture on Amazon for under 100$. I'm guessing you'd need the 30" unit which is about 88$. I love my 24"

You can get a Finnex Planted+ LED fixture on Amazon for under 100$. I'm guessing you'd need the 30" unit which is about 88$. I love my 24"

I looked at that fixture and it is really nice but, my tank is 20" deep which is abnormal and I'm worried the Finnex Planted+ LED wont penetrate enough. Thank you though I have a smaller tank I will probably get going and that would be a perfect light for it.

Back
Top Bottom