i seem to be having a problem with my digital thermometer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snype2live

Aquarium Advice Freak
hmm i seem to be having a problem with my digital thermometer it says my tank is at 73 degrees fairenheight . but my tetra 10-30 heater is supposed to keep it at 78. so i dont know if it is my thermometer (i got of ebay for a $1) or the 20 dollar heater i have brought back 3 times.

Tank Size 29 gallon marineland kit

Tank Occupants:
6 peppered corys
8 neon tetras
5 endlers
1 Bristlenose pleco

the problem is i dont know if i should go upgrade my heater to the 200 watt 30-60 or if i should get a new glass thermometer. i only have 6 $ right now so if i upgrade i wont be able to get thermometer ugghhhh

Heater

My electronic thermometer is extremely accurate so I'd have to say that it's the cheap heater. I would invest in a high quality heater. Good luck!

+1 IME your heater is too important to go cheep on. I also run it on a temperature controller that also sounds a alarm if should go too high or low.

well the thermometer was only like a 1$ including shipping and handling. and the little glass thermometer i just borrowed is showing 76

and i also used a digital meat theremometer to check it and its showing 77 ( cleaned it with dechlorinated water good before of course)

also are the thermometers broken down into 2 degree segments like between 70 and 80 there is four marks so i guess its 70 72 74 78 80

I've always kept a glass thermometer at the furthest point from the heater. Batteries never die and last forever. Always set my heater based on the glass therm rather then the heater. Heaters can be inaccurate.

okay water temp not an issue just went and borrowed a $200 dollar infered laser theremometer and my digital one had went bad or gotten out of wack because water at a perfect constant 78 in my 10 gallon and 77.5-78 degrees in my 29 .

Back
Top Bottom