10 Gallon bedside tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you guys! Its quite an amazing view from the pillow.

Well, after attaching the Xmas moss to the DW, I had so much left over, I only had one choice... Moss Wall. Yea, that's right, I caved. I have also moved the spiral plant to a more open area and pushed the sword back further.

Either way, here's a bunch of photos, including top views and side view.

Attachments

• image-276639565.jpg
    image-276639565.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3505335086.jpg
    image-3505335086.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 109
  • image-295594963.jpg
    image-295594963.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 109
  • image-802604675.jpg
    image-802604675.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 106
  • image-716405725.jpg
    image-716405725.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 103
  • image-2043805913.jpg
    image-2043805913.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 113
Wow! Amazing:) can I ask what the pH of your tank is? I'm just curious because of the CRS:) have they bred yet?

Will you look at this amazing tank. Woohoo...

Okay i gotta ask again, what else aside from you crs is in there? I see something blue but i do not think those are neons?

I believe the ph is around 7.8. But I have not checked in awhile. I started off with 6 cherry shrimp, and one of them was berried (carrying eggs). SO my crs population exploded right after that, and they continue to breed. I still only have 3 crystal red shrimp. Im hoping they will reproduce... Im talking some serious store credit for those guys :)

Current Livestock:
4 - Furcata Rainbows
5 - Green Neons ( This type stay fairly small, so they are perfect for 10g)
1 - bristlenose (He was only supposed to have a Holiday Vactation in there, but he loves it so I kept him in there.)
Numerous shrimp and snails. Snails ranging from pests to assassins.
And one time i did see a little tiny microscopic worm in the sand....lol.

Current Plantstock:
Glossos
Baby Tears
Crypts
Aponogeton Crispus
Aponogeton Spiral----something :p
Amazon Sword
Java Moss
Xmas Moss

2-14watt cfl bulbs daylight ~5200K
DIY CO2

Thats pretty much all the specs..

Wow, thank you! I believe I can finally say its complete. It took me months to locate Xmas moss. I knew where it was going to go, but could never find any. Now we will just sit back and watch it all grow in. :D

I guarantee there will be another video up here soon.

cheers!

Now that I've got this tank perfectly arranged the way I like, I'm now considering upgrading my lighting. The lights now are great, but I'd like to have a some kind of timed dimmer into moonlighting. I do have some led moonlights I can install to work with the current lighting, but id like a nice transition from 1 into the other.

Any ideas?

Are there lighting timers out there that include dimming functions?

Oh my word!!!!! That's all I can say! Your skills in getting a beautiful video is just so amazing. You should find a video contest and submit this one. Your tank is just pure amazing. Every little thing inside that tank is so healthy. I love the green neons and the rainbows. Mersmerizing!!!

Really!!!??? Wow! If you just edit that from your iPhone, then you are a very good video taker. The way you focus on one area and then move slowly, it's like I was watching a national geographic commercial. It was that gorgeous!

Yea, the slow movement I achieve by using the rubber casing that is on my phone. When pressed against the glass I can steadily slide the phone at a slow pace across the glass. The focusing is me just tapping on what I want to focus on. As for the lighting changing and flaring, that's all happy little accidents! :)

Wow that is just amazing trick. It works! That's what counts and we are enjoying the fruit of your labor. Congratulations! Well done over all. The plants, the fish, the video. Everything! :)

Even though I have the tank right in front of me, I find myself watching the video... lol, it's so calming

Am telling you. That video looks like one of the national geographic's video commercials. You nailed it.

As a defense mechanism, my glossos have put up a barrier as the fight for territory continues.

Attachments

• image-2125964550.jpg
    image-2125964550.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3926948957.jpg
    image-3926948957.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 99
  • image-974097673.jpg
    image-974097673.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom