10 Gallon bedside tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow I just saw this tank. That's incredible! A real tribute to planted tanks. It has so many different parts to it, like a jungle

What a nice little hedge of baby tears lol :) How many furcatas do you have in there? I love them. I think IM going to put some in a 10g shrimp tank I'm going to set up aoon

emerald76 said:
What's the stock in it?

Livestock:
4 Furcata Rainbows
5 Green Neons
1 BNC
assassin snails and pest snails
countless RCS and a few CRS.

Plant Stock:
glossos
baby tears
crypt
Aponogeton crispus
Aponogeton spiral....
amazon sword
jungle Val
java moss
Xmas moss

I think that's all of it.. Watching the 1st video vs the 3rd, you can really see how it's all grown in. I'm sure eventually I will combine the videos. :)

you are so right about the comparison. those moss grows immensely. As well as the glossos and the baby tears.

The baby tears are beginning to takeover the whole right side of the tank from front to back. I'm wondering if they'll choke out my other Aponogeton or since it is a deep root plant, it will be fine.

Donkey Gun said:
The baby tears are beginning to takeover the whole right side of the tank from front to back. I'm wondering if they'll choke out my other Aponogeton or since it is a deep root plant, it will be fine.

How have you found such success with the HC?

Austin.b said:
I've bee wondering that since page 8 lol

Lol! yea that's when I upgraded my lighting to the 2 14w daylight cfl. You'll notice on page 10 is when they actually started to lay down and spread. With that and the addition of the DIY co2 later on I believe.

How are you diffusing your DIY Co2, i may ask? Your tank looks amazing, by the way. Very impressive.

DRad2003 said:
How are you diffusing your DIY Co2, i may ask? Your tank looks amazing, by the way. Very impressive.

The tube comes out of the 2 liter bottle and into the top of my filter, where it bubbles up into the media. Very simple. :)

That is very simple and apparently works very well for you. I went through and read the whole thing but do you use any liquid ferts?

No liquid ferts whatsoever. Somewhere in my learning curve I read that the copper can be harmful to invertebrates. Now, I don't believe that to be entirely true and i know not all liquids contain copper but it kept me away from the liquids nonetheless.

At one point I acclimated and added one of my BNC from my 55 to take care of an Algea issue. It was going to be a business trip only, nothing permanent. He did his job but also took home in the driftwood, where he had stayed. Seems happy so I left him. My point being, his bio-load could also be a great source of trace elements and so forth. I never vacuum the sand. Due to the flow of the water and swimming action, the poo automatically finds its way to the base of the plant. Natural Fertilizers!

That's my hypothesis...

Liquid Ferts and root tabs have "trace" amounts of Copper. I was worried, but its not enough to harm Inverts. I have CRS SS grade, much more sensitive than my RCS. And they're fine.

Coursair said:
Liquid Ferts and root tabs have "trace" amounts of Copper. I was worried, but its not enough to harm Inverts. I have CRS SS grade, much more sensitive than my RCS. And they're fine.

Thanks Coursair, but I do understand thAt now. I was just answering the question about if I use liquid ferts.

Well, thank you for answering the questions. It gives me some direction to go. Yours was one of the first threads I saw when I joined this forum and I am very impressed. It has been a lot of inspiration.

So it seems I'm running low on something...

Can anyone tell me what's going on with this Ludwigia?

Attachments

• image-1210135498.jpg
    image-1210135498.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom