10 Gallon bedside tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha nice, looks like it blew up to an all out war! ;) haha what's the plant to the right of the wall? Also, is the wall going to be a permanent stay?

those are the baby tears, they grow like crazy in this tank. Much faster than the glossos, Yea, if it holds up, I think it will be a permanent fixture. I imagine once it gets all grown over, it will look pretty eerie. Like you've come across a hidden passageway deep in the jungle.

Donkey Gun said:
those are the baby tears, they grow like crazy in this tank. Much faster than the glossos, Yea, if it holds up, I think it will be a permanent fixture. I imagine once it gets all grown over, it will look pretty eerie. Like you've come across a hidden passageway deep in the jungle.

Oh ok, wow! I'm jealous! Haha I've always wanted to grow HC but never had any luck. You can try putting a barrier in the substrate to prevent the roots from spreading. Hmm maybe a thin plastic sheet? Have you thought about attatching some moss to it? Lol

Did a little bit of trimming and added some jungle vals.

Attachments

• image-748293022.jpg
    image-748293022.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 121
  • image-1233948186.jpg
    image-1233948186.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 122
  • image-1240106192.jpg
    image-1240106192.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 134
  • image-3795390886.jpg
    image-3795390886.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 149
Now I've got so much Baby Tears and Java Moss, hopefully this will cover my next Root Tab purchase!

Attachments

• image-270738868.jpg
    image-270738868.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 163
Sorry already traded it in... maybe next time!

Picked up some new plants though. Hygro Peruensis.

I've never had the best of luck with red plants, but we will see...

Attachments

• image-1802775189.jpg
    image-1802775189.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 165
Thank you! I've been wanting to add some red. It's only been a day, but I've already noticed some positive acclimation. The leaves have perked quite a bit for just being in the water 36 hours so it is adjusting well it seems.

I put a root tab at the base and gave my DIY co2 a good stir when I first planted them.

The Ludwigia acclimated faster than any plant I've put in this tank!

Just UNBELIEVEABLE!

image-3580367274.jpg

image-1467240519.jpg

Lunch time...

image-3562299897.jpg

It really is a beautiful plant, I love the tones it has, and they seem to change by the day. Within less than a week it has grown new sprouts, new roots, and has really become the focal point of the tank.

part 3 of my dramatic videos may have to come sooner than I originally planned!

yaayyy I cannot wait for that one...yes, i totally agree that the plant became the focal point in that tank coz of how attractive the color is.

I'm following so I can refer to this throughout my ten gallon build. Just set it up and put water in it. I don't think you've answered this yet but is your hood a stock hood or something you bought separate? That's my last purchase and I can't decide. Your tank is beautiful by the way. It's my inspiration!

Thank you soooo much. It's really all quite cheap as far as the equipment goes.

The hood is standard 2 socket 15w each that was given to me with the tank. The lights are home depot's 14w cfl daylight, which I believe is around 5500K. They are only $9 for 4 and they last for awhile. I've never had one burn out because Im usually changing them out every few months. Ive read that cfl's will lose 15% of their intensity after only a few months of operation.

I've also lined the entire inside of the hood with aluminum foil.

In addition there is the typical DIY co2 setup using a 2 liter bottle, yeast, sugar and water. That mixture will give me 2 months of home grown CO2.

and lastly, root tabs. I bury 5 of them about every month or so.

Future plans:
I'm looking into an led lighting/timer/dimming system that follows the phases of the moon and daylight hours. Yea, I'm crazy.

Far distant ideas:
Make it rain.

Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom