10 gallon for dorm room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why is everyone soo lucky... I am not even suposed to have one..shh its a secret

Lol in my college your only allowed one and it has to be a 10g or smaller, lol but I'll pay the fine if they happen to find my tanks lol they're worth it to me

I hope the fine is not too much! Would they make you get rid of them?

If i get my sw up and running and they tell me to take it down...I would cry if it all died. Stuffs not cheap. Im asking my school tomorro if i can have it

They dont call them nano tanks for no reason

Finally got the right sized top and got a light for it. I got one of those small led light with the day and night settings. I have 4 cories in at the moment

not positive, but isn't sand better for cories cause gravel can damage their barbels?

Corys are fine on gravel. Many people on here (including me) have kept corys on gravel without barbel issues of any sort. I have heard that as well, but I personally do not agree.:)
I think emerald corys are too big for 10 gallons. The only corys that should be kept in a 10 are the pygmy corys that only reach an inch. Emerald corys reach 3 inches.

absolutangel04 said:
Corys are fine on gravel. Many people on here (including me) have kept corys on gravel without barbel issues of any sort. I have heard that as well, but I personally do not agree.:)
I think emerald corys are too big for 10 gallons. The only corys that should be kept in a 10 are the pygmy corys that only reach an inch. Emerald corys reach 3 inches.

+1 on all of that. I have cories on gravel and nothing has happened. And they only time that I've kept cories in small tanks is now when I'm getting their bigger tank around, and those emeralds will get really big! 3" as stated above.

I know they get bigger. I have a 55 at home that I will move them to when they get bigger. I also have a 20 at home that's not set up.

My 55 has been up since April or march. It's really nice I have it planted. And I have a good number of fish there so these cories will probably go into the 20 when they get bigger. Here are some pics of my 55.

Your 55 look awesome! The angels are beautiful! I do think that is a beautiful species of cory, they will be happy to have a place to move to once they get bigger too. They do look really nice against the blue gravel though.

Back
Top Bottom