10 gallon just started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elykreefs97

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just started my 10 gallon nano it's been going very good I have a maroon clown and a yellow tail damsel and a condylactis anenome it's all healthy

Is there any advice you could give me

Attachments

• image-4127291918.jpg
    image-4127291918.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 105
Well I my filter is just a aqueon 20 gal.filter I was thinking about getting a nano canister would that be good. Also Iv been having a lot of Cyanobacteria on my sand what can I do to help clean that out I vacuums it but it grows back within a day

You have to feed less and do more water changes to get rid of the cyano. Also, on a small tank like that id stick with the hob

I agree with nu nu... How often do you do your water changes.... And in a tank like that with just two fish and an anemone it should be very little feeding.... Do you have bio balls or ceramic beads in your filter? A skimmer can help tanks loads too.

Maroon clowns are ideally not recommended for nano tanks cause yet eat a lot and produce loads of waste.... But it is a lovely fish :)

Have you got a clean up crew...? Turbo snails etc?

I do water changes every two weeks almost half the tank bc of my anenome I have to

Attachments

• image-468747540.jpg
    image-468747540.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 110
I'm upgrading to a 36 bow front or a 55 sometime maybe christmas or somthing

Do you know we're I could get any inverts cheap online for cheap shipping bc I don't have much and petco costs alot

O I also have a chocolate chip star
Could I get rid of my damsel and get a flame angel or would that be overdoing it for now

Elykreefs97 said:
O I also have a chocolate chip star
Could I get rid of my damsel and get a flame angel or would that be overdoing it for now

The star fish isn't reef safe. No angel in that size tank. Unfortunately

I know the star isn't reef safe but it is doing fine
Could I get the flame angel in my 36 gal

Elykreefs97 said:
I know the star isn't reef safe but it is doing fine
Could I get the flame angel in my 36 gal

You can get a dwarf angel. They are considered reef safe but with caution because they nip at corals.

My lps only sells flame angels and coral beauty's
They would pick at my nem

I wouldn't recommend Angels.... The best advice that I can give you is to hit the books and do some research :)

The flame angel should be ok but I'd say to get rid of the clown... And get a pair of percular clowns cause the maroon will start killing stuff sooner or later.... For a 55 gallon I would say to get a small flame angel a small yellow tang a pair of percular clown a yellow watchman goby and some nice shrimp etc. Make sure to get the tang an flame angel small so you can house them for quite a while before having to look at a bigger aquarium or sell them off :)

I'm not really looking to do corals though I'm just going to keep my Condy anenome bc my maroon hosts it believe it or not

Once you upgrade you could get a dwarf angel. I have a half black angel and he swims around a lot, so the 10 would be too small. But a 36 or 55 would be fine for a dwarf angel. :)

I'm getting a thirty gallon sometime soon and I might do corals would they be ok my anenome doesn't move at all ever he found a spot and stayed there

Elykreefs97 said:
I'm getting a thirty gallon sometime soon and I might do corals would they be ok my anenome doesn't move at all ever he found a spot and stayed there

They'll be fine. Can't wait to see pics!

Back
Top Bottom