10 gallon set up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Fish Combo:

1 panda Cory
1 peppered Cory
2 pristella tetras
1 fancy male guppy
1 serpae tetra
1 pearl tetra
3 ghost shrimp

I am going to start a cycle on a new 30 gallon this weekend in which I will be rehoming the serpae tetra and beginning a school of them.

Couple questions:
Is this tank overstocked?
If not what can I add?

I think a total of three cories, 3 ghost shrimp, and 2 Male Guppies would be good, move the rest to your other tank and finish the schools.

Do you have these fish now?

IMO neither of those corys should be in a 10 given their size and activity level, but you'll get different answers on that depending on who you ask. I'd leave the guppy in the 10 and give it another guppy pal if you want and you can keep the shrimp in the 10 too if you like. Everything else should be moved to the 30. Ideally each tetra type would have a school of at least 6 and the corys need more in their groups as well.

Hi,

I would rethink your stock plan. Go with 3 male guppies and 5 dwarf cories. Plant it with live plants. Leave the tetras for the 30-gallon.

David

Thank you everybody!!! You've been much help! I think ill go with 3 male guppies, 4 Pygmy Cory's, and 3 shrimp.

All the fish you've listed are social or schoolers and having them all in an appropriate sized school would over stock both tanks quickly!
I suggest a trio of guppies and – if you can find them – a school of Pygmy Cories.
I personally am not too partial to Ghost shrimp. They don't really help out the tank but if you really love them don't stop yourself from getting a few. :)

In the 30 gallon, after it is cycled, a school of 6 tetras (of the same species) and a centerpiece fish such as a gourami would be nice! Not sure if you would have enough room for some bottom feeders...if you kept the water parameters good maybe you could sneak in a 4-5 small cories. ;)

Back
Top Bottom